CHAPTER EIGHTY NINE

There was a knock on the window and the door was pulled open.

"You a performer?" The man asked, watching as she stepped out of the gracefully.

She stood up straight and tilted her head towards the man, she didn't say anything or even give a small indication with her head.

"Hey you speak English woman?" He asked rather bluntly.

Her brows twitched.

"I need the form of consent for you to be here-" She shoved the card towards his chest rather harshly causing him to stumble back.

She didn't wait for him to say anything and snatched the card back, making her way to the door where others were going.

She was stopped once more by the guards and another man with a clipboard in hand, he gestured for her card and she handed it over.

She blinked in surprise when she saw they pulled out a machine to scan it.

Looking back towards the man, he stared back at her for a moment. Handing her back the card, he nodded his head inside.

Stepping inside, she flinched when she saw many workers rushing around, other performers getting their makeup done and their costumes ready.

She went on her tippy toes and stretched her neck up to see further down the large room as best as she could.

She couldn't really figure out anything, but one thing she knew was this room she was in was only to get ready.

She bumped into somebody and was so close to letting an apology slip out.

"You're a dancer, right?" The smaller woman asked, a clipboard in her hand.

Juri nodded in response.

"M'kay, please hold on for a moment..." She mumbled out, flicking through the papers as she skimmed through the profiles and the timetable.

"Alright, so you're on in..." Looking down at her watch, she flicked her eyes back towards the timetable.

"15 minutes."

Juri was about to start choking.

"So you just have to make your way up the left and take a right, the stage is right there."She directed, ushering Juri out of the room and into the hallway.

The door shut closed and Juri stood there for a moment.

She began to speed walk, following the directions given to her.

Feeling up her sleeve, she took out the fan.

'Damn, damn!' She thought, taking a turn, she might've looked calm but her mind was wrecked.

"Why so soon!?" She whispered to herself, getting closer and closer towards the backstage.

Making it inside she heard talking from the front of the stage, and a chorused clap coming from the crowd.

She glanced around the room, seeing people busying themselves, she even saw some cages and artefacts being rolled in on trolleys.

Staring down the other end of the room, her eyes narrowed at the things being brought out and she assumed they were to be auctioned off.

She looked forward towards the stage and she noticed the shadow of two people, the ones that were talking at the moment.

'Must be an introduction or something.' She thought, her mind drifting off once more.

The sound of cheering and encores came from beyond the stage, she heard this, and wasn't aware of the fact that her 15 minutes of waiting was up.

"Hey you!" The sound of an old man yelled towards her.