Dorothea

Summary: Part two of Fearless. Taylor helps Mallory escape Greg. (Oopsies I wrote 6.3k words)

Warnings: domestic abuse, suicide, drug addiction, teenage lovers, everyone but Taylor was born three years earlier. Mallory and Taylor are 18.

2008

Mallory and Taylor were deeply intertwined.

Eighteen years old and navigating the tumultuous journey to adulthood, they held a secret love that blossomed like a delicate flower in the cracks of a harsh world.

Mallory's life was a constant struggle. Her father's homophobic beliefs cast a shadow over their home, his anger manifesting in abusive words and actions that left scars on her heart. Yet, in the midst of her pain, Taylor was her steadfast companion, offering unwavering support and a safe haven from the storm.

One tranquil evening, the two found themselves lying on a blanket in an open field, the celestial canvas above painted with stars. The distant melody of a lake's gentle waves serenaded them, creating the perfect backdrop for their shared moments. Taylor's voice broke the silence, soft as a whisper in the wind.

"Look at the stars, Mallory," Taylor murmured. "It's like they're watching over us, understanding our secrets."

Mallory's gaze shifted skyward, the glimmers above reflecting the countless dreams they both held in their hearts. Taylor's hand brushed Mallory's, fingers entwining in a gesture of comfort. Mallory smiled, her eyes shimmering with unspoken emotions.

"Sometimes, Taylor," Mallory began, her voice a blend of vulnerability and determination, "I wish we didn't have to hide. I wish we could be open about how we feel."

Taylor's fingers squeezed Mallory's gently. "I know, Mallory. But you're not alone. I'm here for you, no matter what."

Tears glistened in Mallory's eyes. In Taylor's presence, her heart felt safe, shielded from the cruelties of the world. She turned to Taylor, her expression reflecting the love she couldn't voice out loud.

As the night deepened, Mallory's lips parted, the words on the tip of her tongue. "Taylor, there's something I've never told anyone."

Taylor's eyes met Mallory's, her gaze unwavering. "You can tell me anything, Mallory. I'm here."

Mallory took a deep breath, her heart racing as she spoke the words that had been imprisoned within her for so long. "I'm in love with you, Taylor."

The words hung in the air, the weight of their meaning echoing between them and Mallory began to backtrack. "I mean, I'm pretty sure it's love. I don't- I've never been in love before but I'm pretty sure that what I feel when I look at you is love."

Taylor's eyes softened, a mixture of surprise and tenderness filling her gaze.

"Mallory," Taylor said, her voice filled with emotion, "I've loved you for as long as I can remember. You're the light that's guided me through the darkest times."

Mallory's heart swelled, the realization that their feelings were mutual lifting a heavy burden from her shoulders. Their fingers brushed against each other, bridging the gap between them.

And then, as if seizing the freedom that came with their shared truth, Mallory's lips found Taylor's in a gentle, sweet kiss. It was a moment of surrender, of allowing their hearts to speak louder than any fear.

As they pulled away, their eyes locked, and Mallory knew that she was no longer alone. Taylor was by her side, a beacon of love and strength. The world might still be harsh, but they had each other, and that was enough.