Divorce, babes, divorce

Summary: part 2 of alone again

Warnings: 'I could be a good mother' August lowkey. It's not good.

2024

Mallory was sat on the loveseat as she watched August play with Peter. Her jaw was clench. She was so angry. At herself, at Taylor, and though she hated herself for it, the living reminder of her wife's promises.

"I don't want him anymore."

The words were quick. They came suddenly, and both adults looked shocked at Mallory's words. But they were out in the world now, not just circulating in Mallory's head, making her guilt eat away at her.

So, she doubled down. "I don't..." She sniffled. "I don't want him. I love him, but... I can't keep looking at him and seeing her. I never wanted children. I was always so scared I'd turn out like dad. But she made it seem so easy to be a good mother. She promised that she'd always be with me. And now..."

August frowned at her sister. She was pissed. Pissed at her sister, and her sister in law. And she felt bad for Peter. He had one mother that couldn't be arsed to be there, and another that hated him for it like it was his fault.

It's not the three year old's fault his mother is a cheater.

"You are an awful mother," August spat out. She stood up and picked up her nephew. He didn't know what was happening. "Go to your wife, talk to her, sort this whole thing out. Give her full custody for all I care, but sort it out. Neither of you deserve him."

Mallory blinked at August's outburst and the twenty three year old left to the game room.

The days lately had been going like that. August watching Peter, Mallory slowly, unintentionally growing resentful of him, and Taylor nowhere to be seen.

Safe to say, August hated the people they had become.

A week later, Taylor came back to London. Nothing had changed at the house, it looked the exact same, but it was quiet, and dark. She went up to what was once her bedroom and pushed the door open. She quickly realised where Mallory focused all of her anger.

All of her clothes had been thrown out of the wardrobe. Their pictures, a pile of glass, wood, and paper. Momentos, torn and ripped. Anything that reminded Mallory of Taylor was not left unscathed.

Aside from that, the room looked untouched. The bed was made, as was it dusty, like no one had slept in there for weeks.

"What do you want?" A voice said, making Taylor jump and turn. She saw Mallory with bloodshot eyes and frowned.

"I want to talk. About everything. About us."

The brunette scoffed and walked past her, down the hallway. "There is no 'us' Taylor."

Taylor followed her down the stairs. "Well then let's talk about that. Where do we go now?"

"To a divorce lawyer, probably," Mallory shrugged tiredly. "You know, I would have stayed if you had asked me to. I live for you, I breathe for you. You did everything to try and make it up to me. Everything but cut him off."

"Mal, I-"

"Don't call me that. Everyone that calls me that ends up hurting me. Lea, my dad, and now you."

"I'm sorry," Taylor sighed.

There was silence for a moment.

"Can you take him?" Mallory asked brokenly. "I know that it makes me seem horrible, but I just can't look at him without thinking about how much I hate you."