alone again

um guys happy belated valentine's day!!!!
fair warning: i mean ABSOLUTELY NO HATE TOWARDS TRAVIS I LOVE HIM SO MUCH I JUST WANTED ANGST

cw: it's not happy

mallory flinched awake at the sound of crying. she wanted to cry herself. peter was normally a good sleeper, but with taylor gone again, sleep was futile. for the both of them.

they both missed taylor, of course they did. and mallory would be lying if she said it didn't hurt like hell when she was gone. because even when she was there, she wasn't really... there.

there were times taylor would come home then leave again the next day to go back to america and watch the kansas city chiefs play american football.

mallory wouldn't really mind that if taylor took the time to call her. but all of taylor's focus was on travis kelce. another thing mallory wouldn't mind if it weren't for why they had become friends.

travis had tried to ask mallory's wife out when he went to one of her shows in america. taylor didn't get the friendship bracelet with his phone number on, but she felt bad and contacted him on instagram. since then, they'd exchanged phone numbers and texts all day, everyday.

"there's nothing going on between trav and i," taylor had said softly one day as she held mallory, who had questioned her. "i love you, and only you. to the moon and to saturn."

mallory had been stupid enough to believe her.

"what's wrong, mama?" peter asks when he notices tears in mallory's eyes. the brunette looks down at the two year old as he holds his bottle of milk.

mallory chuckles and ruffles his hair. "nothing, petey, just tired."

"i'm tired too," peter says. "mommy sings me songs when i'm tired. where's mommy?"

the brunette thinks about how taylor's last show in japan ended a few hours ago, meaning she'd be on her way home to celebrate their nephew's birthday on the thirteenth. she'd promised. "mommy's coming home tomorrow. what do you want to tell her when she gets back?"

"i'm gonna tell her that i count to one hundred!" peter threw his hands up, accidentally dropping his milk. "sorry."

"it's okay," mallory chuckles. "how about you go to sleep so you can stay up all day watching big hero six tomorrow?"

peter gasps. "can i?" mallory nods and peter lies back down, trying to go to sleep. she laughs softly, knowing he won't go to sleep like that. "can you play never growed up? by mommy?"

mallory nods and plays the song. soon enough, peter's fallen asleep and mallory goes back to her own room.

the next morning, both mallory and peter wake up late in the am. like every other day this month, there's no good morning message from taylor. no voice not to play for peter.

peter sits down on the side watching big hero six before lunch time. taylor is supposed to be home around five pm. time flies when peter falls asleep and mallory turns on the baby monitor in the gym.

mallory had been trying to lose weight. she didn't like what being pregnant did to her body. how are almost doubled in weight in nine months but couldn't lose that weight in nearly two years.

at the beginning, taylor would hold her, the same way she held taylor when they had just started dating. taylor would tell her to slow down with her exercise and eat more, but taylor wasn't here.

the brunette lost track of time and before she knew it, the doorbell was ringing. she sighed and with aching muscles went to the front door and saw august with a small smile.