Bad Idea, Right?

Summary: It's a bad idea, but August can't get her out of her head anyway.

Warnings: This canonically happened in the MM universe

February, 2022

The club was alive with the heart-pounding rhythm of music, and Valentine's Day had brought a kaleidoscope of colours and emotions to the dance floor. August stood at the centre of it all, surrounded by her closest friends, each of them determined to make this night unforgettable. The atmosphere was electric, and they all swayed and laughed, lost in the pulsating beats and the swirling lights that painted the room with shades of red and pink.

August had indulged in one too many cocktails, her inhibitions gradually fading away as the night progressed. Her laughter grew more carefree with every drink, and her movements became less coordinated. She was thoroughly enjoying the intoxicating blend of music, lights, and friendship.

Amidst the euphoria of the night, her phone vibrated insistently in her purse. Fumbling to retrieve it, August's tipsy fingers finally grasped the device. The name on the screen brought a sudden rush of mixed emotions: Gracie. August's heart skipped a beat, and she couldn't help but notice a peculiar undertone in Gracie's voice as she answered the call. "Hello?"

Gracie's voice on the other end was hesitant, her usual confidence seemingly replaced by vulnerability. "August, it's me."

August leaned against the club's wall, trying to focus on Gracie's words over the thumping bass and the cacophony of laughter and conversations around her. "Yes, I know. What do you want?"

There was a poignant pause, as if Gracie was struggling to find the right words. "I know it's been a while, and I shouldn't be calling you like this, especially on Valentine's Day, but I couldn't help it. I miss you, August."

Hearing Gracie's voice brought forth a flood of memories and emotions that August had thought she had buried. She fought to maintain her composure. "Gracie, it's over between us. You cheated, you left, and I've moved on."

Gracie's voice quivered, and it was clear that something was weighing heavily on her mind. "I know I messed up, August. I just needed to hear your voice again, even if it's just for a moment. I've been thinking about us a lot lately."

August's friends watched her with concern, seeing the tears welling up in her eyes. She blinked them away, her emotions in turmoil. "Gracie, this isn't fair. You can't just call me out of the blue like this."

"I know, I know," Gracie replied, her voice now filled with regret. "I just wanted you to know that I still care about you."

Before August could respond or process her feelings, Gracie continued, "I'm sending you my new address. I bought an apartment in New York. I know it's a lot to ask, but would you come by, just for a little while? I need to talk to you in person."

And with that, Gracie hung up, leaving August stunned. She looked at her phone and saw a new message with an address, the address of Gracie's new home. The weight of the situation settled upon her shoulders, and she realised that she had a decision to make.

Her friends gathered around her, concern etched on their faces, and August knew she couldn't keep this to herself.

"Who was that?" Caleb was the first to ask.

"Gracie," August sighed. "She wants to meet up."

"Hah! No," Conan said seriously.

The actress shrugged. "Can't two people reconnect?"

"Oh, yeah, of course. But you and Gracie will reconnect physically," Austin said.

"Sadie?"

"I mean, well... It's probably not a good idea," The redhead told her softly.