CHAPTER TWO

📍 Dover — 2020

📍 Dover — 2020

We pulled up to a quaint cottage-like house. I got out of the car taking it in, it was magical. To think I would have been sleeping in a car if things went as planned, made me feel like I truly received the best upgrade.

"Catalina," I heard Harry say, and I turned around to him, snapping a photo of me on an old film camera. I moved my hands up as a reflex to the flash.

"Is that something you're accustomed to? Just taking photos of others without permission?" I turned around completely, smirking at him

"I said I was going to document this entire trip, that includes the strays I pick up along the way." He smiled to one side, a single dimple appearing on his face.

I rolled my eyes, both of us laughing a bit.

"Shall we grab our bags and head inside?" He offered and I nodded, walking over to the trunk. We began taking our things out, Harry insisting on carrying most of my bags.

As we walked up the small pathway, he started looking around, "So, the housekeeper said the key is under a fairy statue."

"A fairy statue? How fitting." I smiled, helping him look around. I made my way up the small steps that led to the tiny porch, spotting the statue in the corner next to the window.

"Found it!" I called out, moving to remove the statue and grabbing the key. I held it up to him, smiling and he pointed to the door with the luggage.

"Will you do the honors?" He said and I nodded, turning to the door and unlocking it. I walked through the doorway, into something out of a movie. Harry flicked on the lights behind me allowing me to fully take it in. I bit my lower lip, taking in the old timey feel of it all. Even the scent, it was rustic, mixed with hints of vanilla.

"Nice right?" He asked.

I turned over my shoulder and nodded, "It's like out of a movie, 'the Holiday' to be specific."

"I'm afraid I've never seen it." He said, placing down all the luggage he was carrying. I turned to him completely, shock all over my face.

"You've never seen 'the Holiday'?! Kate Winslet, Jack Black? Cameron Diaz? Jude Law?" I felt my eyes widen as I spoke, his head constantly shaking as I named the actors, "Well...you should, cause this place reminds me of Kate Winslet's home in the movie. And it's a good fucking movie."