CHAPTER NINE

📍 Ghent  — 2020

📍 Ghent  — 2020

"Honestly mum, the trip is going better than I thought. I'm happy you and Gemma forced me out." I said, hanging up clothes for the next couple days in the small wardrobe they provided in the rental.

"Hmm, does it have anything to do with your new travel companion your sister told me about?" She teased and I laughed, picturing the exact face I knew she would be giving me.

"She definitely adds to it. You would love her mum....Robin would have loved her. That's the crazy part, I can't help but feel like the universe brought me a piece of him in her. She keeps me on my toes. She speaks whatever comes to her mind, it's like a storm of sentences and strong ideas coming from her always." I closed the wardrobe, sitting on the bed.

"Well, who knows, baby boy. It's possible. She sounds lovely...maybe just what the trip needed. Someone to keep you moving, jumping from one thing to the next so you don't linger too long. The fact she's trying to heal the loss of someone as well is massive....how is that part? The healing part?" Her voice cracked a bit as she asked.

"Uhm,...mm, she's definitely doing a better job at it than I am," I swallowed, laying back on the bed, "But, I'll get there. Lina helped me know where to start. I just need to actually address the starting point of the issue."

"Well....I'm glad she helped you figure it out and that you let her. I feel like that's a starting point, my sweet boy."

I took a deep breath, "Yeah, I think you're right."

"You think you'll fall in love?" I heard her say through her smile.

"Anne Twist, I'm hanging up now, I love you." I chuckled, listening to her say goodbye before hanging up.

I brought my phone to my chest staring up at the ceiling of the bedroom I would be sharing with Lina here in Ghent. Every time the thought crossed my mind, I felt my stomach curl into a knot. It wasn't that it was a negative thing, it just wasn't what I  planned. I swallowed, closing my eyes, none of this what I had planned. When I had first found the rental posting, it specifically had stated that there would be two bedrooms. It turns out what they meant was, it slept two people in one bedroom. Lina, of course, made the best of the situation, bringing me down from my freak out.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

"Harry, there is a couch if you are extremely uncomfortable with sleeping with me. I promise though, I stay in one corner, I don't move....I do hog the covers though." She smiled, patting my chest softly as I hung up with the landlord.

"I'm not uncomfortable sleeping with you, Lina. I just want you to be comfortable, that's all." I said, sitting at the small dining table for two, leaning my elbows on my knees.