CHAPTER SIX

Songs for the chapter:
Send Me On My Way — Rusted Root
— if you've never listened to it before I highly suggest listening to it as a it plays a cute part it the chapter. I'll add a * where the song comes into play!

 I'll add a * where the song comes into play!

📍 Dunkirk  — 2020

"Hmmm, okay, favorite vegetable! I feel like that's not a common question in this game." Harry said, biting into his veggie wrap.

"That's true, not many people ask that, honestly kinda bornin'." I giggled and his face dropped, eyes rolling soon after making me giggle more, "I really love carrots, cause they go with literally everything. Hummus, ranch, salads, stews, on the side of sammies. Did you know in Mexico they pickle them in jalapeño juice?! My mum's friend brought us back some once, fucking spectacular!"

"You think the car will make it to Mexico?" He said, raising both eyebrows playfully.

"Possibly, if we try hard enough." I chuckled, pulling a cucumber out of my wrap and popping it in my mouth. I reached for the three different shades of blue watercolors that I had, starting to paint in the ocean that separated us from Dover. Harry was right, it was clear enough today to see straight across, and the mighty white wall stood out clearly.

"You know, I think my favorite vegetable is spinach. Like it can also complete any meal. Especially in like.... a butter pasta? Now that's fucking spectacular."

"I think pasta is just spectacular in general, especially when it's homemade!" I said, glancing up at the view, making sure I was getting the colors right.

"Do you know how to make it from scratch?"

"Ovviamente, Harry!" I said, mimicking my nona's accent.

He chuckled, "Dovrai insegnarmelo."
("You must teach me")

My eyes widened, turning to him as I heard him speak Italian, his accent so beautifully placed, "You speak Italian?"

"Solo un po', I'm still learning, but I really love the language. It's so beautiful to me." He smiled and I nodded.
("Just a little bit...")

"It is, I love expressing affection in it. Like it's just such a warm language you know? It feels almost like being wrapped up in a warm hug, I adore it. And maybe I'm biased, but I don't care. It's my favorite." I chuckled, biting my lip softly.

"Well maybe you can teach me as we go, I'll be fluent by the time we get to Italy!" He exclaimed, my eyes narrowing. I placed my watercolor pen down, leaning back on my hands.

"And what's in it for me? My mother taught me to be a bargaining woman, and this seems like one of those moments."

He laughed that hearty laugh I now learned made my stomach flip instantly, the flush creeping over my chest that I was thankful was hidden by my shirt, "Your mum was smart for that. Well...what's something you've always wanted to learn?"