Chapter 1

It's been three months, three months I've been in this godforsaken town. It's alright here, I guess. It's definitely not my home though. Well, I'll introduce myself now. I'm Rosalina Mae Gonzalez but you can call me Rose. I'm 20 years old. 5'5 a bit on the short side but I'm pretty feisty. I'm not skinny and have some nice curves in all the right places. I have long, wavy black hair that goes down to my elbows. As you've probably guessed, I'm Latina. My lips are pretty plump and my teeth are very straight and white. I keep my eyebrows clean and trim. My eyes are bright and blue like sky. I have a brother named Miguel who's 3 years older. Our parents are Katherine Gonzalez, and Antonio Gonzalez. My mother passed away a few years ago, she was murdered. Ever since then my father hasn't been the same.

He lost a part of himself that day and became cold and withdrawn. He was even stricter and barely allowed us to leave the house at all. 3 months ago he decided it would be best to send Miguel and I away to a different town. We used to live in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He sent us all the way to some small town in North Dakota named Fayville. I'd never even heard of it, yet here we are. This place was like every other yet... It was sort of odd. On full moons, about half of the people in town just disappear. The following day after the full moon our classes are pretty empty as well. We go to Fayville academy now, it's some preppy College. It was almost like high school though, the way everything was set up. I wasn't sure what I wanted to choose as my major yet so I was just doing regular requirements. There were dorms right on campus where Miguel and I had been staying. There were roommates, which would've been annoying but I loved my roommate.

Her name was Tiffany, but I always called her Tiffy. We were complete opposites, which is why we were such good friends. I'm a very private person, who can have an attitude at times. She's a hyper daddy's girl who is like a perfect angel. Everyone likes her, and she's nice to everyone. Well, now that we're acquainted it's time to start the story of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of the door shutting snapped me out of my thoughts. Turning in my chair to face the door, I was met with Tiffy's excited grin.

"Rose, guess what just happened!"

"Hmmm.. Did you finally get Mr. Johnson to notice you?" Mr. Johnson was one of the professors, and Tiffany thought he was cute.

Tiffy hit my arm. "No, silly! We just got invited to... The party of the year!"

"Oh? Who's party would that be then?"

"Well... You know that guy I've been talking to? He's really good friends with the popular people. They're throwing a welcome home party this Friday."

"Who's the welcome home party for? Is it anyone we know?" I couldn't think of anyone I've met that had left town recently.

"No, not that we've met. He told me that this guy left town half a year ago on business. They talked very highly of him, he sounds super important to them."

"Oh, I see. What's his name?"

"Uh... I can't remember.... I think it starts with a T? Trevor... Tyler... No I don't think it's any of those. Oh well I'm sure we'll find out when we go to the party."

"I never said I was going Tiffy, you're getting a little ahead of yourself here."

Tiffy pouted dramatically. "Rosiieeee! Don't be a party pooper. We were invited to a huge party, it would damage our social standing forever if we didn't go!"

I winced at her calling me Rosie. She knew it bothered me, so she used it sometimes to push my buttons. "I'm not big on going to parties Tiff..."

She whined softly, giving me the puppy dog eyes. "Pleaseee... I'll owe you one. I can't go by myself, I'd just look sad and lonely."