Chapter 2

Rosalina's PoV

Its been a couple months since the night of the party. Everything was going really good. My grades in college had gone up a lot, and I was in the top of the class. Rick and I had actually gotten... Really close. The day after the party, he came to my dorm room with flowers. It had made Tiffany ooh and awh. He was a good guy, and pretty sweet to me. Just a few days ago actually he asked me to be his girlfriend. My answer was most definitely yes.

"Hey dear." Rick said, walking up behind me and kissing my cheek.

I giggled loudly, turning to face him. "Hey Ricky. How are you doing today?"

"Way better now that I got to see you." He smiled, winking at me. "I was thinking that we could go out tonight? Since it's Saturday and all. It would be amazing to go on a date with you."

"Oooh really? Sounds fun. What do you have in mind?"

"Hmmm.. How about we go out to eat, and then maybe take a walk in the park?"

"That sounds wonderful, I'd like that. When do you want to go?"

"I'll pick you up around six. See you then." He kissed my lips, leaving the dorm room.

Even though I had a wonderful boyfriend now, Tanner was still on my mind a lot. I didn't even understand why, it's not like we were friends or anything. Ever since the party it was almost like he was avoiding me. When he did see me I could almost always feel his icy stare on me. The weirdest instance is what happened yesterday.

We were taking a walk through town when we came across Tanner. We were holding hands at the time and he noticed. His jaw clenched, and his fists tightened. It looked like he was trying to stop himself from ripping Rick apart. Rick noticed too, and we quickly left. When I asked Rick about it, he simply shrugged and said he must have been in a bad mood.

I looked at the time, seeing it was another three hours before our date. I decided to take the rest of the time to take a shower and get ready. By the time I was done, it was 5:50. I headed outside, and waited for Rick.

"Hey Rose. Ready to go?" He walked up beside me, offering his arm.

"Of course, let's go."

We walked to the nicest restaurant in town, laughing and talking on the way. Even though everyone in town had cars, a lot of them chose to walk since it wasn't very far to get from place to place. We made our way inside and the hostess led us to a nice quiet table in the corner. It was such a nice table, it was obvious he booked it. After we ordered, he smiled gently at me.

"How are you doing Rose? It seems like somethings been bothering you lately. What's wrong?"

I sighed, shifting uncomfortably. "Well... All I can think about lately is Tanner. I don't even know why, we don't know each other at all. It's not romantic don't worry... It's more like I'm intrigued." I felt the lie slip past my teeth, I couldn't let him know I somehow had feelings for Tanner.

He frowned, looking troubled. "Oh really? That kind of hurts my feelings... I should be the only man that you talk to."

His words irritated me, just because we're dating doesn't mean he owns me. "You're the one that asked, I was just telling you. There's nothing wrong with me having other friends, even if they are guys. You should be able to trust me."

"I'm sorry but I would prefer it if you didn't. I've had bad experience in the past. I don't like to share my girl with any guy, friend or not."

When our food arrived, we ate in silence. It was awkward to say the least. When it was time to go for a walk in the park, I told him I wanted him to take me home.