Chapter 4

"Alpha, the witch is here. She's waiting for you in the private meeting room."

"Thank you Aaron." I mind linked back.

I looked down at Rosalina as she slept. All she's been doing for the last few days is learning about werewolves. All it had been was me explaining and her oohing and ahhing. I also told her how my parents had passed, but not that I had a brother. We didn't get along very well and hadn't talked in years. I sighed, not wanting to wake her up. She looked so peaceful and happy.

"Rose, it's time to get up. The witch is here and she wants to meet us." I whispered softly, shaking her a little.

"THE WITCH IS HERE!" She exclaimed, jumping out of bed immediately. It scared me and I fell right off the chair I was sitting on.

When she saw me groaning on the floor she couldn't contain herself. "HAHAHAHA! Look at you, you little scaredy wolf!"

"I didn't exactly expect you to just shoot out of bed like a rocket." I got up, dusting myself off.

"I couldn't help it! It seems like we've been waiting forever for her to show up."

"It's only been three days, calm yourself."

"Let's go already, we can't keep a witch waiting." She whined, grabbing my arm and trying to drag me to the door. She couldn't even make me budge, making her sigh in frustration.

"Say please."

"Please..." She grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Alright, right this way."

We went to the meeting room in the pack house. It was one of the rooms in the basement. When we walked in, we were met with an old looking lady. She had long white hair, yet her skin was wrinkle free. Her eyes were glazed over with white and she had no pupils. I could tell Rose was slightly unnerved by her appearance.

"Well hello, you must be Rosalina and Tanner." She said, gesturing to both of us. We sat down at the table opposite her.

"Um.. Hi. Yeah I'm Rose. How did you know our names?"

The witch smiled, "I'm a witch, I know all and I see all. I know what you're here for. You want to know what you are."

"Yes.. That's right. Can you tell me? What is your name anyways?"

"Of course I can tell you child, and my name is Xeanna."

"That's an interesting name."

"It's the name my master gave me when she first discovered what I was."

"Oh? So you used to have a different name?"

"Yes, when witches are found the witch or wizard that discovered them gives them a new name. Then they take them on as an apprentice."

"How long did it take for her to teach you everything you know?"

"Hmm.. Probably around 500 years."

Rose's jaw dropped. "Really? How old are you then?"

"I just turned 2350 last month." She gave a toothy grin. "Anyways, enough about me. Let's figure out what we can about you."

"Just tell me what you want me to do." Rose said, determination in her eyes.

Xeanna placed her hands on the table, outstretching them towards Rose. "Take my hands."

Rose did just that and they clasped hands on the table. "Okay."

Xeanna closed her eyes, becoming very quiet. The room was filled with absolute silence for the longest amount of time. I flashed Rose a small, yet encouraging smile. After awhile longer Xeanna opened her eyes.