chapter 3 |old friend|

|Shadow's pov|

"
It was a long trip to Sunset City, and almost everything had changed over the past years. I nearly got lost, but asking people for directions helped me reach Vector's place. Taking a deep breath, I dismounted my motorcycle and went to the front door, ringing the doorbell. I heard a familiar voice.

"Who's at the do-.." He stopped, he does look like Vector and sounding like him. He dropped his glass of water, almost trembling upon seeing someone he remembered dead. "Sh-Shadow?" He stuttered, and I nodded. "Yes, Vector, it's me, Shadow. Your dead friend, but I've been reborn. So Don't worry I'm not here to haunt you," I chuckled, and he let me into his house.

"So, what brings you here to visit me?" Vector asked, sitting on the couch. "I'm here to learn more about Sonic. First, did he die at the beach with me?" I asked with a serious expression. "Oh, he did. You both died almost at the same time, but Sonic only had a minute before he also passed away," Vector said in a sad tone. "But more importantly, how did he even end up in the water in the first place?" I asked again. His expression changed to a guilty one. "Okay, I'll tell you. This has been a heavy weight on me that will always be here," he motioned for me to sit down, so I did and listened to him carefully.

"We were setting up the volleyball net, and I asked Sonic to get the ball while Espio, Charmy, and I set it up. I saw Sonic drop the ball into the water, and he came further away to retrieve it. I knew he couldn't swim, and a wave was about to hit him. I called his name, making him turn to me, not seeing the wave. Instead of it warning him, I couldn't go and help him. If I let go of the volleyball net's bar, it would fall onto some other people who were sunbathing, and Charmy wouldn't be able to hold the heavy bar. I didn't have a choice i couldn't help Sonic. It's all my fault. If I hadn't called him to play volleyball, you both would've never died," Vector said, tearing up.

"No, it's fine. Don't blame yourself entirely. It was Sonic's decision to go into the water. But I do miss that dumbhead. Do you at least know where he is now?" I asked, hoping for a positive answer. "Unfortunately, no. I didn't even think you guys would be reborn and remember. But how do you know if he is also reborn?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not sure, but I need to find him. Thank you for answering my questions, Vector, but I have to go now. I have other things to do." I got up, and so did Vector as we exchanged goodbyes.

|3rd person POV|

After a talk with the ebony hedgehog's old friend, the ebony hedgehog was determined to find his love. He searched almost every inch of the world with the help of his fellow agent and friend, Rouge the Bat. Day and night, the desperate hedgehog searched non-stop, almost neglecting to eat or sleep in his quest to find his partner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if this was too short this time and again thank you for reading 🎉 if i knew who you guys are even just by username I'll literally thank you by thanking you on other chapters thank you again and sorry if there's misspelled words i type too fast sometimes