chapter 16 |i cant...|

|Sonic's POV|

As the first light of dawn bathed the beach in its gentle glow, I couldn't shake the feeling of frustration that swirled within me. Dancing with Shadow under the moonlit sky had stirred something deep within my heart, a yearning to remember what remained just out of reach.

Then Shadow suggested to run away, to escape from Scourge's control, his suggestion had sparked a sense of panic within me. The secret that Scourge held over me was a heavy burden, a truth that could destroy my life and everything I held dear.

Shadow gently held my hand guiding me towards his motorcycle

As Shadow's motorcycle roared to life, shadow hopped onto it offering a hand to me, I hesitated for a moment. The idea of escaping with him was tempting, a chance at freedom and a future filled with love. But the fear of Scourge's wrath, the fear of losing everything, held me back.

Before I could make a decision, Scourge and his gang had caught up with us. They surrounded us on the beach, and my heart pounded with dread. I glanced at Shadow, my eyes filled with fear and regret.

"I can't, Shadow," I whispered, my voice quivering. "I can't run away from him. I'm sorry."

Tears welled up in my eyes as Scourge's gang members closed in, and Scourge himself wore a sinister grin. I felt helpless, trapped between the love I longed for and the fear that held me captive. Shadow got down from his motorcycle, and tried to talk to me

Shadow's gaze was filled with anguish as I was taken away from him, I knew that our journey had taken a darker turn. I was left with Scourge, my heart heavy with the knowledge that I had made a choice out of fear, leaving Shadow behind.

|Shadow's POV|

The anguish in Sonic's eyes as he made his choice haunted me as they took him away. I felt helpless, watching him being led by Scourge and his gang, knowing that I couldn't follow.

as they disappeared from view, a sense of urgency washed over me. I needed to act quickly, to find a way to rescue Sonic from Scourge's clutches.

"I'll find you, no matter what it takes." I turned back to my motorcycle, my hands trembling as I mounted it. There was a fire burning in my chest, a fierce determination to reunite with Sonic

As I revved the engine, the sound of the motorcycle echoed in the empty beach, a testament to the battle that lay ahead. I knew that our love was worth fighting for, that I would do whatever it took to bring Sonic back to my side.

With the wind in my quills and the sun rising in the sky, I began my quest to rescue the love of my life, praying that our enduring connection would guide me to him once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~