chapter 4 |is it you?|

|Rouge's pov|

My concern for Shadow deepened with each passing day. He had become consumed by his relentless quest to find Sonic, forsaking even his basic needs like sleep and food. I knew that I had to intervene before it took an irreversible toll on his health and sanity. So i decided to take him to a party for his sake

"I don't have time for this I need to find him!" Shadow protested adamantly, his voice filled with determination.

I couldn't help but worry. "You're barely eating or sleeping shadow and you're constantly out there searching for this Sonic guy," I said, my voice tinged with genuine concern "I don't care if im restless i need to find him!" He screamed at me

I tightened my grip on Shadow and insisted that he accompany me to the party. "Well too bad You're going to this party to eat and rest and have some fun. So stop being so stubborn and try to enjoy yourself" I said as i pulled him along After a brief struggle, he reluctantly agreed, muttering, "Fine, but after this I'm going to continue my search for sonic."

I guided him to a table at the party and urged him to sit down, insisting that he take a break while I talk with my friends.

|Shadow's pov|

The party felt excruciatingly dull to me, a complete waste of precious time that I could have spent searching for Sonic. Minutes turned into hours, and I couldn't bear the inactivity any longer. Frustration gnawed at my patience as I got up and headed to the bartender, ordering a glass of whiskey to numb the frustration that threatened to consume me.

As I sat there waiting for my drink, then my ears perked up at the sound of a voice that sounded familiar it sounded like... Sonic!? My heart raced with hope and curiosity, and without a second thought, I followed the sound of that voice determined to confirm if it was indeed him.

The crowd was getting in my way but I caught a glimpse of a hedgehog with distinctive blue quills, but his face remained hidden. My determination overwhelmed me, and I pushed my way through the crowd, not caring if I accidentally bumped into anyone or hurt them all that mattered to me was finding out if it was Sonic. I chased after him, my every step fueled by the desperate need for closure, but unfortunately I lost sight of him

Frustration threatened to bring me to the brink of despair, but I couldn't give up. I continued to scour the party, searching for any sign of Sonic studying the faces of every person i past by with an intensity born of longing and despair.

Yet, doubt began to creep into my mind. Perhaps it was just a mirage, a cruel trick of my longing and exhaustion it probably wasn't him. I needed to face the reality that he might never return. With a heavy heart, I turned back, retracing my steps to find Rouge.

She greeted me with a mixture of concern and relief. "Shadow, where have you've gone to? You had me worried," she said, her voice filled with genuine worry

I met her gaze, my emotions at the verge to overwhelm me. "I'm exhausted Rouge. I just want him back with me It's all my fault. If only I had saved him in time, or if I hadn't agreed to that dumb beach trip in the first place none of this would have happened. I just want him by my side again rouge i dont know what to do anymore" I sighed lowering my head and placing my hand on my forehead, struggling to contain the turmoil that raged within me.

I just want him back with me..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~