THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST

I entered the locker room and noticed that Meredith had placed Wanted Roommates sign

I entered the locker room and noticed that Meredith had placed Wanted Roommates sign. She wants non-smoking non-Bush-supporters with no pets.

I've always believed that a life without risks isn't one worth living. Being a surgeon means taking risks, not everyone can make tough decisions and come out on top. You have to be willing to pay attention to the lessons in front of you, trust your positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at your door.

"Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Asked Izzy to Meredith
"I do want roommates, we're together a hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?"
"No. Ooh, you're bringing bribes now?" Said Cristina looking at the coffee Meredith had in her hand.
"I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there." Said George
"It's not a bribe, I don't think it's a good idea."
"But I can put down last, first and deposit." He continued
"It's definitely a bribe." I said and Cristina nodded.
"I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner." Insisted Izzy.
"No. I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte."

"George, you're running the code team, Meredith and Tara, take the trauma patients, Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures." Ordered Bailey.
"Dr Bailey. I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?"
"If she gets to cut, I want to cut too." Said Cristina
"Yeah, me too." Said Izzy. I rolled my eyes. Truth be told I don't like Izzy it's not because she's a model or whatever, I just think she is too soft and that will eventually come back and bite her in the ass.
"Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures. (takes the mocha latte) No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins." I left before she say anything elese and headed toward the elevator, where Derek was waiting.

"Seattle has ferry boats." He said
"So I've heard"
"I didn't know that. I've been living here six weeks, I didn't know there were ferry boats."
"Seattle is surrounded by water on three sides."
"Hence the ferry boats. (elevator arrives) Now I have to like it here. I wasn't planning on liking it here. I'm from New York. Genetically engineered to dislike everywhere, except Manhattan. I have a thing for ferry boats. (We are in the elevator alone, he was behind me).

I can feel him staring at me. "Is there something else on your mind Dr. Shepherd?"
"Will you go out with me?"
I turn around to face him.

Here is the thing, there is a line between taking risks and being stupid.

I look at him. "I'll think about it."