SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING

"All human beings have three lives: public, private and secret

"All human beings have three lives: public, private and secret."
What a load of bullshit.
Keeping secrets is one of the most difficult things a person can experience.

I was washing the dishes and accidentally dropped a plate which hit the floor and shattered. A man came in.
"What did you do?" He screamed.
"I'm- I'm sorry." I said, the fear clear in my voice.
"You're sorry?! I don't care that you're sorry" he said as he hit me in the face with the back of his hand.
"Stop, please" I said. Boy was that a mistake.
He grabbed me by the neck and dragged me towards the hot stove.

"Tara!"

Pain shot across my back. I tried to scream but his hand was crushing my air way. That's when I realized that all there is... is Pain.

"Tara! Wake up."
I jolted awake.
"Are you ok? You were screaming in your sleep." Said Derek who was sleeping next to me.
I was breathing rapidly and was covered in cold sweat. A nightmare or should I say a memory. Ever since I've been with Derek the nightmares had been an occasional thing. But there was a time where I had them all the time, every fucking night.

When you are a kid you don't really understand how important and how rare it is to have privacy.

"I'm fine." I said.
"No you're not. Do you wanna talk about it?"
"I said I'm fine." I yelled. It came out harsher than I intended. "I'm sorry. I'm just gonna a shower."

As an adult. Privacy is a privilege, a luxury very few people have.

*

We were at the gallery watching Burke's surgery, Meredith was holding a heart.
"I wish I could hold a heart" George said.
"A monkey could hold a heart." Said Cristina
"You're mad Burke didn't ask you. "
"George, I need more ice and chips." Said Izzy as she entered the gallery.
"Who else did you invite?"
"Izzie, we said the list was jocks only. Surgery, Trauma, Plastics. Who else?" Asked Cristina
"Just some people from Peds."
"You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. The next thing you'll say is you invited the shrinks." Izzie looks away.
"That's brilliant. She invited mental defects." I said.
"This party's D.O.A." Added Cristina. I nodded.
"You know, Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little, small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?" Said George.
"No, but I will." We give her a look.  "I promise."
"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town on party? If we're you I would spend the entire weekend having sex." I said
"Is he bad in bed?" Asked Cristina.
Izzie chuckled. "No. I just want him to meet some of my friends."
"Right. Sixty geeks in scrubs are your friends." She said. Her beeper goes off. She gets up to leave. "Bad sex, sucks for you."
"I heard there was a party tonight at Meredith's house."
"Oh really, party?"
"Uh, news to me."
"No party."
Alex sat down next me. "And I herd you talking about sex, that is definitely a conversation I'd like to be a part of."
I laughed. "In your dreams. Besides, you wouldn't be able to handle me." I left.