RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD

Betrayal happens on many different levels all the time, and there is no worse feeling than realizing someone you thought you could trust has betrayed you

3rd POV

Tara looked back and ford between Addison and Derek, trying to comprehend what had just happened. She took a step back, away from him. Then looked at him with a betrayed look and he knew that after everything that she had told him, betrayal and lies were one of the things that could destroy her.
"Tara" he tried. But she shook her head. In all the the time they had been together he had never seen her like that. She had tears in her eyes, but refused to let them fall.
"I guess you have a type." Was all she said before she run off.

*
Tara's POV

I was at the bar drinking shots. I wasn't sure if I was trying to drown myself, or completely forget the night's events. All I knew is that I was in pain, a pain I hadn't felt in a long time due to the fact that I hadn't allowed anyone to get close enough for them to hurt me. Yet I let Derek in, I let him get a closer look at Tara Parks. I allowed myself to love him. But did he truly love me? Or was that another lie?

Betrayal can leave a wound so deep, sometimes there is nothing you can do to heal it.

"You look familiar. You been here before?" Said Joe the bartender.
"Once. That worked out really well." I said sarcastically
"I know that look. It'll be one of two things. Either your boss is giving you hell or your boyfriend is. Which is it?"
I chucked humorlessly "My boyfriend is my boss, which wasn't a problem. Until I found out that my boyfriend has a wife."
"Tell you what, this one, it's on the house." He said pouring me another shot of vodka.

*
Derek's POV

I tried to go after Tara, but I knew it would probably make things worse. "Addison, what are you doing here?"
"Your hair's different."
"A lot of things are different."
"It's longer. I like it. It's very Russell Crowe."
"What are you doing here?"
"What are you doing here? You just pick up and leave everything? Your house, your practice, your friends? You had a life in Manhattan."
"Had."
"And now you have a girlfriend in Seattle. I have to say she's not what I expected.
"You're on thin ice. Thin."
"She's young, but she has red hair, green eyes, tall. I would have thought you'd go for the anti-Addison. But like she said you seem to have a type."
"If you came out here to try and win me back, forget about it."
"I did. I flew all the way across the country to reminisce over wedding photos, get drunk, fall into bed, and make you realize you can't live without me. Relax. Derek, I'm here for work. I'm helping the TTTS case you guys admitted last week and from Richard's briefing, I should be"
"Richard, he knew you were coming out here?"
"He asked me to come. Didn't he tell you?"
"No. He didn't."
"Hmm. Surprise. The hair, though. You know I've always had a thing for Russell Crowe."