MAKE ME LOOSE CONTROL

Tara's POV

Tara's POV

"I asked Addison for the divorce." Derek said.

A thousand thoughts running through my head. "What do you expect me to say?"

"I don't know... that you want to be with me? That you love me? Because, god, I love you so damn much."

"If it was simply about love I wouldn't hesitate to run to you, but it's not that simple, I need time."

"Time for what?" I didn't answer. "When will you know?"

"I-I don't know..."

Love was always a concept hard for me to grasp. I find it hard to believe. The idea of true love seemed like a joke. An abstract thing...

*

Cristina and I were jogging in the park.

"Oh you're stupid. Oh God. You're stupid, evil, sadist and I wanna kill you."

"You're the one that's stupid. Jogging gives you endorphins. Endorphins are mood elevators. This is supposed to make us feel better." I said

"Oh god. Do you feel better?"

"Physically? Sure. Mentally? Fuck no."

"How do you physically feel better?!"

I shrugged. "I like jogging. Keeps my mind away from my problems."

She rolled her eyes. "Slutty mistress."

"Pregnant whore."

"Sleeping with our bosses was a great idea. Why didn't you force Meredith to come?"

"I tried but apparently Stone runs marathons so jogging is ruined for her." We dropped to the ground to catch our breaths. "You know what's ruined for me?"

"Ah?"

"Ferry boats. They reminded me of London and Derek's got a thing for ferry boats. Oh and spinal tumors. I loved spinal tumors."

"You know what's ruined for me? Coronary artery by-pass grafts ... and aortic aneurysms. God I used to love aortic aneurysms."

Every time I saw someone in love I'd think they were crazy. Surgeons are control freaks. With a scalpel in your hand, you feel unstoppable. There's no fear, there's no pain.

"Have you cried yet?" I asked

"Hello?"

You're 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

"Do you think we'll feel better if we cry? You know like just let it out?"

"Probably."

But with love... it is simply something I could not understand. I could not control.