THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

A/N: Hi everyone, I just want to say that I really appreciate all the support this story has received.
To be honest I didn't like my writing from the last chapter, but I hope it gets better. Also from now on I'm gonna try to make things more intense because I wanna drive Tara to the edge, which I'm very excited about, and I hope you are too...

 Also from now on I'm gonna try to make things more intense because I wanna drive Tara to the edge, which I'm very excited about, and I hope you are too

3rd POV

Gratitude, appreciation, giving thanks. No matter what words you use, it all means the same thing. Happy.

Meredith tries to sneak out of the house without being noticed by Izzy, unfortunately that didn't work out so well...

We're supposed to be happy. Grateful for friends, family, happy just to be alive...

"Hey." Izzy greeted her. "What do you think you're doing?"

Whether we like it or not.

Just at that moment the doorbell rang. "Uh ... answering the door." Meredith said.

"You're going to the hospital?"

"Yes but after ..." before Meredith could complete her sentence Tara walked down the stairs casually.

"Where are you going?" Izzy asked again, this time to Tara.

"The hospital." She answered simply.

"Nooo, you have to help me cook."

"Why?" Tara asked, she wasn't being rude (at first), it was a genuine question. It's not like thanksgiving is a holiday celebrated everywhere.

"Because it's thanksgiving!" Izzy said half stressed half excited.

"Your point is?" Tara questioned.

"I need help cooking for tonight's dinner."

"I'm British, you wanker. We don't celebrate thanksgiving." And with that Tara left the house leaving an offended Izzy and a laughing Meredith behind, apparently Izzy was not aware that thanksgiving was solely an American holiday.

*

Tara's day at the hospital started wonderfully (note the sarcasm), everyone kept asking why she wasn't at home for thanksgiving. Do people really don't know that it is only celebrated in America? And to make things even better, she overheard Addison and Derek talking about having sex, which was exactly what she wanted to hear from the love of her life. She relaxed a little when she convinced herself that being away from Derek was the best for him. Of course when she remembered why she had to stay away, her stress levels went right back up.

Tara and Dr. Bailey were looking for the new doctor, who was in for the holidays. Dr. Kent was standing in the middle of the hallway looking over some patient files.