3 - Christmas Letters

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman

•♡•

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH

•♡•

"What do you mean, you're busy?" Todoroki muttered, looking down to wide brown eyes. Ochako hummed, a smile on her face. 

"I'm helping out at the student council, again. Yaoyorozu said you two were allowed to come with me, if you want. Since I'm going over to her house and all." She spoke. 

"No, we're okay." Shoto mumbled, clutching onto his bag's strap. "Right, Midoriya?" He continued, his voice monotone as he looked down to the shorter male. Izuku tensed under his glare, shrugging. 

"I don't know. It'd be a bit rude to skip out if she invited us." He muttered. "But I wouldn't want to impose." He trailed off, awkwardly looking down. "She's so popular and cool, I'd feel like a geek around her. I don't think I'd know what to do around her." He continued, his voice low as he nervously fiddled with the hem of his shirt. 

"I think Katsuki and his friends are gonna be there, since they're helping her out too." She added with a wink, watching emeralds light up. 

"Uhm... W-Well, if she insisted, then I don't see a problem." The freckled teen blushed.

"Midoriya, seriously? You're bailing on me too?" Shoto raised his voice, brows furrowing. 

"I don't want to be rude and skip out!" Izuku shot back. 

"You're just going over there to see that handsome hunk, blond fuck-boy of yours." The dual-haired male sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Am not! I just want to be nice." The greenette replied, cheeks burning a deep shade of red. 

"You're the one who suggested seeing the new All-Might movie. Do you know how much the tickets cost?" Todoroki sighed, clearly irritated. 

"I'm sorry, I'll pay you back, promise." The freckled teen smiled. He paused as he watched his tall friend sigh, rolling his eyes.

"Well, I might as well join as well." He shrugged. "I have nothing better to do, and I'm sure as hell not going to see a kid's movie alone." He huffed, glancing over to wide emeralds. 

"AH- It's not a kid's movie! All-Might is a heroic comedy for every age!" Izuku spat, looking over to the brunette by his side. A silence roamed as she stared at the two, cocking a brow as she hesitantly spoke up again. 

"Are you two done? You're acting like children." She smirked. A smile grew on her face, soft cheeks turning pink as she grabbed her friends' hands and led them off of school grounds. The walk to Momo Yaoyorozu's house wasn't very long, but awkward. Shoto refused to speak to the shorter man, knowing they'd only argue again. 

Ochako struggled to keep her cool as she pressed her finger on the doorbell, hearing a loud yet soft ringing occur inside the house. She patiently waited, staring at the large wooden door, tightening her grip on her friends' hands. 

"Be cool, our whole future is riding on this." She squealed, looking back to watch Shoto roll his eyes. Izuku stiffened as the door suddenly creaked open, a black-haired teen peeking out. 

"Ah, you all came! I'm so glad you brought them, Ochako! Come in!" Momo beamed, opening the door wider to show off the luxurious living room. The brunette was quick to step inside, immediately beginning her chat with the taller teen as Izuku awkwardly looked around.