11 - Winner

Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free. 
~ Robert Jew

•♡•

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20TH

•♡•

"So, do you think they'll die?" Jiro muttered, cocking a brow as she stared at her girlfriend's television screen. 

"Probably, movies like these are so predictable. You can always tell someone's about to die, and the props are super cheap." Kirishima shrugged, glancing over to a wide-eyed greenette that sat by his side. A weak smile formed on his face as he watched Midoriya flinch at a sudden loud bang in the movie, red eyes hovering over to a bored-looking blond that sat at the other side. "Midoriya, are you afraid?" He spoke, gaining the freckled teen's attention. 

"No, no. I'm fine. I'm just not used to watching horror movies, it creeps me out." Izuku sheepishly giggled, waving a hand in dismissal. 

"Are you sure? I'm sure Katsuki can cuddle you if you're too afraid." The redhead muttered, looking up to meet a crimson glare. Bakugou had always refused to show any kind of affection towards Izuku, around his friends. Which bothered Eijirou a lot. 

"I don't want to make anybody uncomfortable, I'm fine." Izuku chuckled. "Really, I'm okay. There's no need to make a fuss about anything." He smiled, emerald eyes shooting up to watch Kaminari hoist himself out of Momo's laundry basket - A spot the blond found oddly comfortable. 

"I'm hungry, Momo. You got anything?" Denki whined, stretching as Mina hummed along. 

"Me too." The pink-haired girl chuckled, giving a smile to their host. 

"Oh, pardon me. I forgot to offer you all something to eat and drink. I'll go make some popcorn. Does anybody want anything to drink, or something extra? Anything you want, I'll bring it." She hummed, standing up from the corner of her bed. 

"I'll take a coke, if you have some. If not, then root beer." Eijirou shot. 

"Just a glass of water for me." Izuku smiled, looking over to the dark-haired girl. 

"If you have something sweet, I'll take it. Like, donuts, cookies or something." Ochako hummed, pushing herself up from the pillow she was seated on. "Do you need a hand to bring everything back?" She asked, grinning as Katsuki asked for a root beer and something to eat. 

"Yeah, I can give you a hand, too." Mina offered, watching Jiro join her girlfriend with a smile indicating she wanted to help as well. 

"Great, I'll be right up with everyone's snacks." Momo was quick to cheer, tapping her hands as she opened her bedroom door. Izuku watched as Kaminari followed the group of girls, insisting that his non-existent muscles would be useful to them. 

A silence roamed as the television continued to play, Kirishima cringing as one of the actors pretended to fall. He sighed, reaching over to the remote to exit the movie, deciding to search for something more colorful, scary and realistic. 

"What about this?" He huffed, stopping once he found a movie with a colorful cover. "Willy's Wonderland. I've watched it before, and it's cheap. But the plot is good and I'm sure you won't get too scared, Midoriya." The redhead smiled, looking over to timid greens. 

"I'm fine with whatever, really." The freckled teen nervously chuckled, brows furrowing. 

"Alright, we'll watch this then." Eijirou grinned, leaning back as he dropped the remote. He decided it was better to wait for the others to return before starting a new movie - But the awkward silence roaming the room was hard to handle.

"It's too bad Sero couldn't make it." Izuku muttered, nervously breaking the tense silence as he squeezed a pillow against his chest. Katsuki cocked a brow, speaking up next. 

"Why? You wanted to get high?" The blond scoffed. "Not-So-Innocent-Nerd." 

"No!" Izuku shot, glaring over to his boyfriend. He awkwardly looked down again, a blush covering his cheeks as he shrugged. "I dunno, it's just weird not having him around. That's all." He muttered, another silence falling between them. 

"Too bad bro got sick." Eijirou sighed, nervously shifting in place. "So, are any of you going to Yaoyorozu's Halloween dance? She's put a lot of effort into organizing it." He huffed, glancing over to red eyes. No matter what he did, Kirishima never seemed to make Katsuki realize anything, and the blond never picked up on the clues he left out. 

"I'd like to go. As long as there's nothing too scary." Izuku smiled, looking up to meet the redhead's eyes. "When I was around... 9, I think. I went in a haunted house and there was a mummy. A person dressed as a mummy, and they grabbed me and locked me in a decorative cell. I know it was apart of the skit and I wasn't the only kid they scared that way, but I was young and I peed myself while crying out for my mom." He explained, cheeks turning red as he told the story. 

Eijirou grinned, chuckling at the story. 
"Damn, you're traumatized." He commented, watching the greenette laugh and nod. "I'm sure Yaoyorozu didn't plan anything too horrifying, though. It's just orange, black and purple decorations. Halloween-themed music and permission to wear costumes." He explained. "What're you going as?" 

"I'm not sure. I have an old sheet at home I've been meaning to throw out, so I'm thinking about recycling it and going as a ghost." The freckled teen giggled, shrugging. "You?" 

"I bought an oversized shark onesie, last week. I'm definitely using it for the dance." The redhead laughed, glancing over to a sighing blond. "Bakugou, you're coming to the dance too, right? What're you going as?" 

"I don't wanna go." 

"What? Why not? Yaoyorozu's put so much work into it. And we could go together, so you wouldn't be alone." Izuku smiled, gently nudging the blond's arm. "It'll be fun, I promise." He muttered, a whiny tone in his voice. 

"It sounds like a waste of time, it'd be more fun if you and I just stayed home together." The tall teen shrugged, looking over to watch Kaminari enter the room with a few cans of coke and root beer. 

"Order up for me, red-haired-body-builder, angry-Pomeranian-looking-ass, and nerdy-nerdy-freckled-boy." Denki chanted, dropping a bottle of water on Izuku's lap. The greenette giggled at the names, smiling wide as Bakugou gave him his famous middle finger and snatched a root beer out of the short blond's hands. 

"Shut up and go stick a fork in an outlet, you fucking dumbass." Katsuki snapped, earning a nudge from the freckled teen next to him. 

"Relax, Kacchan. He's only joking. And don't say mean things." Midoriya shyly smiled, untwisting the cap from his bottle of water. 

"Shut up." The blond shot back, watching Izuku's smile drop. A sudden feeling of guilt overtook him as he bit his tongue, looking down. That- That right there. Whenever the greenette would get upset, or would stop smiling because of something Katsuki did, the blond would feel like a massive sac of shit. "Sorry, bad habit." He huffed, reaching over to intertwine fingers with freckled ones. He glanced over to an occupied Kirishima, watching a smile appear on Izuku's lips once more. 

And whenever he managed to make the freckled teen smile again, he felt like a damn winner. 

•♡•