12 - Cinderella

An honest enemy is better than an insincere friend.
~ Unknown

•♡•

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25TH

•♡•

Izuku laughed, shifting his position on his chair as his stomach cramped up. He wiped a tear from the corner of his eyes, giggling as he glanced back to a certain Kaminari who struggled to stand in Yaoyorozu's high heels. 

"I'm gonna get it!" The blond hollered, gripping on Ashido's arm for support. Kirishima whistled, amused by the situation as he stole an odd-smelling chocolate chip cookie from Sero's lap. 

"Why don't you go as Prince Charming, instead?" Jiro rolled her eyes at the scene, watching the idiotic male come close to falling once more. 

"Because, Jiro - I want to go as Cinderella. Momo said we were allowed to go as whatever we wanted, so I'm goin' as Cinderella!" The blond laughed, finally letting go of his pink-haired friend's arm. 

"People are gonna think you're a drag queen." Katsuki commented, sitting back as he watched the scene unfold in front of him, his boyfriend laughing by his side. 

"Then so be it! I'll be the best damn Cinderella there is." Kaminari snickered, holding his hand in the air as he managed to find his balance. "At least I found my Halloween Dance costume." He continued, glancing around to his friends. 

"Hey, I know what I'm goin' as. I told you; my shark onesie." Kirishima pointed out, watching Denki take a hesitant step forward. 

"And I'm going as a fairy. My dress is gonna be blue, white and pink." Ashido smiled, helping the blond take another step. 

"Like cotton-candy? Cool. I'm thinking about going as an old, fat Mexican dude. With a mustache. And his name is Diabetos. 'Cause he has diabetes." He chuckled, pausing between every sentence as Eijirou laughed. 

"I still have no clue." Momo admitted, smiling at Hanta's idea. "Jiro suggested having matching costumes, like ketchup and mustard." She pointed out, watching her girlfriend blush. 

"That's a cute idea! I like it." Ochako chimed in. "I don't know what to go as." 

"We should both go as ghosts." Izuku suggested, nudging the brunette seated by his side. 

"Ooh, good idea! Todoroki, you should be a ghost too!" She cheered, looking over to a bicolored teen. Her smile faded as she received a hum and a shrug as a response. "We'd be a trio." She muttered, glancing over to her freckled friend who had gotten distracted by a certain hot-headed blond. 

She sighed as Katsuki talked about how he thought the Halloween dance was lame, and how he didn't care for costumes. Don't get her wrong, she was happy. Having a cool friend group like this was awesome. But she felt single. Momo and Kyouka constantly being near each other and exchanging small pecks - Izuku and Katsuki having a new relationship and seeing how the greenette seemed so happy. She could tell Ashido and Kirishima had something going on; it was clear they both liked each other but it seemed something was holding them back from acting out on it. Kaminari had been talking to a nineteen-year-old purple-haired guy he knew and had developed a crush on him. Shoto was never interested in relationships, or anything romantic or sexual for that matter. Hell, even Sero had a long distance-girlfriend.

She felt lonely, despite being surrounded by so many friends. Especially when she had no chance with the guy she loves; since he's not interested in her at all. 

"It's getting late, I'm heading home." Katsuki huffed, breaking the small silence as he pushed himself off of Yaoyorozu's bedroom floor. He looked down, reaching out for Izuku to grab his hand in an effort to have him to himself on the way to his house. "You comin' with?" He huffed, watching as freckled fingers reached out for his hand. 

"Yeah, my mom's expecting me back soon, anyway." Midoriya smiled, looking over to Denki who still stood unstable in the middle of Momo's bedroom. "Bye, guys." He waved, following his favorite blond towards his friend's bedroom door. 

"Well, if they're leaving, I think I'll go too. I'm getting pretty worn out of seeing him wobble around, anyway." Sero huffed, standing up and pointing to Kaminari. 

"Hey- I'm one sight to see. You shouldn't be complaining. Seeing me in heels isn't something you'll see very often." Denki shot back, kicking off a heel and turning to face Mina. "You're going too?" He cocked a brow, watching the pink-haired teen gather her school books.

"Yeah, might as well." She shrugged. "Ochako, Shoto, Kiri, you coming with?" She asked, looking around. She smiled as a brunette nodded, picking up her bag and standing up along with Eijirou, watching Todoroki join them. "Come on, Denks. We'll leave the girlfriends alone. We all know Momo's been dealing with Halloween and student council stress, I'm sure she's gonna want to wind down with Jiro as soon as we leave." She teased. 

"Oh, well, we've been wanting to watch a movie together. This is a perfect time to do so." Yaoyorozu smiled, looking over to violet eyes. A blush covered Jiro's cheeks as she shrugged, nodding along with a small smile on her lips. 

"Yeah, okay." She hummed, looking over to her group of friends. "Bye, guys." She huffed, watching as Mina was the last one to leave. 

•♡•

"The best part is, I got it for half price. It's the coziest pajama I've ever had, too." Kirishima snickered, looking over to pink curls that bounced by his side. 

"I can't wait to see you wear it." Mina smiled. "You really like sharks, don't you? I remember seeing pictures of your childhood, when you used to wear a bunch of shark shirts." She pointed out, thinking back to the photos she had seen hanging on the redhead's walls, at home.

"You're going as a fairy? I bet it'll suit you. How long is the dress?" Eijirou cocked a brow, looking down to yellow eyes he had fallen head-over-heels for. 

"About knee-long." Mina huffed. "I'll be wearing shorts underneath, though. You perv." She teased, watching cheeks turn red.

"I wasn't asking for that reason... I was just makin' conversation. Sorry." The redhead chuckled, narrowing his eyes to the path in front of them. "I bet you'll pull it off great, though." He commented, hesitant. 

"Damn right I will." She giggled, kicking away a stone as she walked. She sighed as she gently nudged her friend's arm, her heart aching as they stopped in front of her house. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled, watching Eijirou beam a smile. 

"Right, see ya." The tall jock chuckled, watching her walk up the steps. 

"Bye, sharky."

His smile faded as she closed the door behind her, cursing to himself at how awkward he had been during their walk. He had walked alongside her before - And it was awkward to him every time. He always told himself he'd kiss her before she walked in, yet never managed to bring himself to do it. 

If only he was confident, like Katsuki.

Or had Midoriya's charm.

He wasn't very attractive, unlike Momo.

And he didn't have multiple talents or skills, like Jiro did.

Maybe if he was as lovable as Denki was, or had Sero's sense of humor. 

He wasn't smart like Todoroki, and he didn't have a good sense of style, like Ochako.

He was dull - With nothing to show other than his iconic look and muscles. He didn't have anything to offer. He wasn't good enough for his pink-haired crush, and never would be. 

•♡•