Thirteen

Cordelia has no qualms about talking during a television show

Cordelia has no qualms about talking during a television show. Normally, I'd be annoyed, but I like the way she adds her own commentary to things. She overshares, and I can probably guess how things this first season will turn out for Sookie and Vampire Bill. But it's entertaining all the same.

Or perhaps it isn't the show at all that has captured my attention. 

Halfway through the first episode she crawled beneath the blankets. I did my best to hold out on doing the same. We were already walking a fine line on what is appropriate for two people with agendas that had nothing to do with dating. Ten minutes into the second episode, I found myself slipping under the blankets beside her. Since that questionable decision, her foot has rubbed against my calf at least a dozen times. It's an innocent act on her part, but my body doesn't seem to care. The slightest touch from this woman and my cock is aching.

"I can't believe they categorized True Blood as a comedy." 

Her voice startles me from my thoughts.

"It is funny for those who know real vampires." My voice is a low, raspy rumble, and I clear my throat. "It's a bit unrealistic, but it's entertaining." 

She laughs and turns on her side to look at me after pressing the pause button on the remote. "Like what?" 

Her foot grazes my calf again and I have to clench my jaw against the shiver that rolls through me. I mirror her position and face her. "Like the part where he still hasn't fed on her even when they've got this intense attraction going, not even once." I'm teasing her, but I can't help myself. She's the one who chose this incredibly sexual show for us to watch...while we are in bed together. She's going to have to suffer the consequences. 

She shifts on the mattress and chews her bottom lip. "Oh...but they haven't known each other much longer than we have, so..." 

"True. But she is a willing victim. Her attraction to Bill is short circuiting her common sense. If she were smart, she would run."

Cordelia lifts an eyebrow, clearly taking offense to my suggestion for the fictional character. I wish she would run and put some distance between us, because the temptation to have a taste is growing by the second. But much like Sookie, Cordelia has an appetite for the dangerous and forbidden. 

"So what are you saying? You think I should run from you? I thought you wanted me to stay with you. That it was the safest thing to do. Now you're confusing me, sir," she says, her hair sliding over her shoulder and breast.  Somehow, I can still smell her coconut shampoo even after her journey to the bottom of the chlorinated swimming pool. 

"I'm saying that you are playing with fire, Cordelia. And you know it. Don't think for a second that I'm unaware of your innocent flirtations." I glance down to where her fingers are toying with the ends of her hair. "You are safe from whatever has attacked you, but I can't promise you are safe from me. Not when you continue to tempt me."