Fourteen

I don't know how long I've been asleep, but when I wake up, the TV is off

I don't know how long I've been asleep, but when I wake up, the TV is off. and when I stretch my arm across the mattress, Elias's side of the bed is cold. Rubbing my eyes, I turn my head to the other side and nearly jump out of my skin when I notice a shadow standing over me.

"Fuck!" I yelp, pulling the covers up to my chest, about to launch into a panic until I realize it's Elias. "For fuck's sake, you scared me! What are you—"

I freeze when he runs his fingertips down the side of my face, over my jaw, and down the column of my neck, moving my hair aside so it's out of the way.

"You're so beautiful, Cordelia," he whispers, leaning over me, caging me in with one arm across my body. "I got up for a glass of water, but when I came back, the moonlight was hitting your face just right, and I couldn't stop myself from watching you. I'm sorry if I scared you."

My heart rate evens out, and I place my fingers over his, guiding them down over my collarbone, down my sternum, and underneath my tank top. They brush against my nipples, hard from both the fear of being startled and his confession. "Don't be sorry. You know how I feel about fear, Elias."

"Do I? I should check to see if my assumption is true." He continues down my body until his hand cups my pussy. With nimble fingers, he touches me through the satin of my shorts. "Always so wet and ready to be devoured by my monster."

"Yes," I whisper, arching into his touch.

His other hand guides my face to the side, exposing the length of my neck. I feel so vulnerable like this, him controlling my body. No part of me wants to fight him. I want to be submissive, to willingly lay upon his altar. Let the vampire take what he wants from me.

"My dolce tentazione," he whispers, his breath warm against my neck. "Mine to take." He lifts my chin until our eyes meet. His sharp teeth glint against the shadows of his room. "Mine to fuck." His fingers glide under my shorts and three thrust into my wet center. "Mine to devour." A piercing pain radiates from my neck. The hurt is short-lived, quickly replaced by a euphoric high I've never felt before.

"Elias!" My hands go directly into his hair, gripping it at the roots as he does exactly as he said he was going to do—he devours me. He sucks at my neck, taking in drink after drink of my blood, and to call it orgasmic is the biggest understatement of the century.

He doesn't even have to move his fingers against my clit, and I am on the precipice of coming. "Fuck, fuck, Elias, I'm—"

I shoot up straight out of bed, out of breath, chest heaving and soaked in sweat, a scream on the tip of my tongue. And when I look to my right, Elias is in the exact same position as I am, and his fangs are out, as though he was in the middle of...biting something.

Or someone. Except it is clear he was asleep. Right next to me.

What the fuck is going on?

"Umm, Elias? I—did you just have a—a dream about me?"