Twenty-Six

"As we enter this final week of your Wicked Encounters experience, we turn our attention to the couplings made and fortifying them both physically and emotionally," Clayton says, his expressionless voice carrying through the dining room

Everyone abandons their breakfast and gives him their attention.

He might as well be talking to himself. The old ghoul looks right past us as he takes on his newly appointed duty as master of ceremonies. Standing at the head of the table, he clenches his hands in front of him and continues. "Tonight, the playrooms will be unlocked in the basement. The Evermores believed that physical connection was vital to any relationship. It was important to them that they explored new ways to please one another. The playrooms are designed for just that."

The room erupts in giddy exchanges, and Cordelia shifts beside me. Her hands fall to her lap where her legs are pressed together. She's been so responsive to the milder side of my sexual appetite. Spankings, breath play, and hair pulling are her favorites, but I can see the longing in her eyes. She wants to play on the darker side. I've taken tiny steps with her, not wanting to step over a boundary she didn't even know she had. Her experience was so limited until she met me. I take great pride in showing her all the things she's missed out on.

"Can we?" she asks, her face lit up in a way I've never seen before.

"Yes, belle rêveur."

She practically jumps into my lap when she throws her arms around me. I adore how she isn't afraid to show me exactly how she is feeling.

"Secondly," the room falls quiet again as Clayton continues his announcements, "Two weeks ago, our staff of tailors took your measurements and discussed with you your attire for the final night's masquerade ball. Your first fittings are scheduled for tomorrow. Please check the event schedule in the foyer for your fitting time. That is all. You may commence with your meal."

Just as quickly as he appeared, the ghoul is gone.

Everyone begins chatting again, but when Cordelia speaks, her voice is the only one I hear.

"Which playroom are we going to go into, Elias?" She's leaning over into my space, her lips brushing the shell of my ear.  I can't pretend like she doesn't affect me, and I can't ignore her—not that I'd want to. I just don't know that I want to talk about this in front of a tableful of nosy supes. I don't want any of them picturing what I plan to do with her tonight.

"Walk with me?" I say, getting to my feet and holding out my hand.

She grins and does as I ask with no hesitation, following me out of the room and to the foyer. We check the list Clayton mentioned for our fitting time, find that we are scheduled back-to-back, and then I hold the front door open for her as we walk out toward the beach. It's a very overcast day, on the verge of rain, so I'm able to go outside without much fear of the sun.