The New Girl

FLASHBACK, TEN YEARS AGO

Y/N's POV:

My family and I had an eventful, yet fun day today. I got the ability to fly a we soared through the sky, it was very fun. We later got dinner and we headed back home. We were all sitting in the living room, watching a movie. Gwen, my spectacular wife, was snuggling with me, arms wrapped around me and head nuzzled in the crook of my neck. Madison was sleeping in a chair next to the couch and Gray was quietly playing with toys on the floor. Everything was peaceful, it was all so relaxing. Until all of a sudden, Gray looks down and he starts loudly groaning for some reason. Gwen and I quickly looked at each other for a second with weirded out expressions. I looked back at him and he was still groaning. "Hey buddy, you okay?" I asked worriedly. He then starts groaning louder and he looks up. I notice what the massive issue was now, he was about to let out the Darkest Knight.

His veins popped out of his body and I saw his eyes roll up. I immediately hopped off the couch and went to his side, trying to calm him down. His eyes turned black and all the lights in the house started flickering like crazy. "Hey hey hey, Gray, calm down buddy. It's okay, it's okay, just breathe, just breathe" I said panicked. I felt really bad for him, he was in a lot of pain, I know how he feels. The lights then stopped flickering and he was breathing slowly now. "Good Gray, just like that" I said calmly. Gwen was scared, eyes full of worry and Madison freaked out and confused from her little nap.

Gray looked up at me and he was getting emotional. Tears welled up in his eyes and he started to let it out. "That really hurt" he said and continued crying. "I know buddy, it's okay, it's over now" I said, pulling him close. Gwen sat next to me on the floor and cupped Gray's cheek. He reached out for her and I gently put him on her lap. She protectively wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close. Her arms were around his back while one of her hands was on the back of his head. Gray continued crying in Gwen's shoulder and she was whispering sweet things to him. She looked up at me worried and I gave her the same look.

ONE HOUR LATER

"Alright buddy, just focus on relaxing and breathing, can you do that?" I asked while tucking him in bed and he nodded. "Good. Goodnight Gray" I said and he closed his eyes. I left his room and walked across the house to meet up with Gwen who's in the kitchen. I walked to our kitchen island and I lifted up, opening to a secret room. "C'mon" I said and we walked down. I pressed a button on the wall and the island lowered. We made it to a room that I made, the walls and ceiling are covered in knightmanium. It's like that because knightmanium isn't see through nor any noise can come through it, so Gray, Madison and myself wouldn't know that this room was down here. The kids won't hear our serious conversation.

Gwen and I stood in the middle of the room, now facing each other. "Y/N, what the hell was that? Is it what I think it is?" She asked and I nodded. "The Darkest Knight" I said. It got quiet for a second. "Fuck" I said and I turned around and started pacing back and forth. "What are we gonna do?" Gwen asked worriedly. "I don't know, but he can't know, both of them can't. It's only a matter of time until Madison gets her demon powers too" I said. "W-when would we tell them?" She asked. "Until they've mastered being spider people" I said. This was bad because we are waiting years to finally start training them. "I don't know about this, they deser-" Gwen was saying until I stopped her from finishing her sentence.

"No" I said and I turned towards Gwen. "They'll freak out" Gwen was quiet. "They could accidentally destroy the world, sweety. They'll activate it if they're not relaxed or extremely angry" I said, walking up to Gwen. She looked down at my chest and then back up at me. "I don't know what to tell you" she whispered. "It's okay. I'm glad you're here with me. This is gonna be tough" I said, cupping her cheek and she leaned into my touch. "I'm glad too. Don't worry, our kids will be fine" she said, now cupping both of my cheeks. I gave her a heartwarming smile. "I love you so much" I said. "To Neptune and back, baby" she said and placed a kiss on my lips.