Trained Fighter, Trained Killer

ONE WEEK LATER

Gray's POV:

"So I'm going to pick who will be in your groups, I'll start off with Gray and Elizabeth" my marine biology teacher said. I looked at Felicia who's looking back at me, she looked a little bummed out that we didn't get partnered up, I mean I was too. I just kinda shrugged my shoulders, basically telling her "oh well" and she did the same. I got up and took my laptop with me to go sit down next to my assigned partner, Elizabeth. She had darker skin with black hair and dark brown eyes. She was pretty, but no one's as pretty as Felicia, she's an actual angel. Elizabeth is a pretty popular girl in school, everyone knows her. She's the assistant coach for our basketball team, 4.0 GPA and is the best singer in chorus. I personally haven't heard her sing, but I've heard great things about it.

"Hey" she greeted with a warm smile. "Hey" I said and returned a smile. As Liz was talking to me, I could hear the teacher announcing more of the partnerships that she was setting up. "Felicia and Trevor" the teacher said and Felicia got up and walked over to him with her school laptop. Elizabeth and I didn't make that much progress on our project, we just kept talking about random shit. "Have you heard me sing?" She asked. "I actually haven't, but I've heard good things about it" I admitted to her. "You should come to one of our concerts, especially the Christmas one" she said. "Alright, I'm down" I said and she smiled widely. I don't see anything wrong with that, I'm her friend, I don't have a crush on her, I only have one for Felicia.

Felicia's POV:

I got partnered up with a guy named Trevor. I don't know much about him, heard he's a nice guy. When I first showed up to Midtown High, I thought he was cute. Then I met Gray, and I've never been so down bad for someone in my whole life until I met him. I would look up to see Liz and Gray laughing with each other which kinda hurt. I know we're not together or anything like that, but I really do love him. Jeez Felicia, why are you being so jealous today? "What's wrong" I heard and was pulled out of my thought by Trevor. "Oh nothing! I just spaced out" I said, making an excuse and he looked at Gray. Oh god. "He's a cool guy, have you ever seen him swim before?" He asked. Gray's mentioned to me about him being on swim team before, but I've never seen him swim.

I looked up and Gray to see him looking at Trevor, like if he could hear him talking. Trevor pulled up a video clip of Gray from last year, he would've been fifteen and I would've been sixteen. Gray had shorter hair than what he has now, he looked so adorable. He was also super shredded, that's a pretty good body for someone so young. Someone blew a whistle and Gray took off, out swimming everybody, they didn't have a chance. I was actually blown away by how fast he was swimming. "Oh my god" I said. "I know, this guy's an actual shark" he said and I smiled widely. I looked up to see him smiling. "Yeah he is" I said, still staring at him, admiring his beauty.

"Oh, uhhh. There's a football game next week after Thanksgiving break, wanna watch it with me?" He all of a sudden asked. I knew there was a football game next week, but I was gonna ask Gray if he wanted to go. I played dumb. "Uhhh, I'll have to get back to you on that one, I'm not sure if I have plans" I said. "Alright, no worries. Just let me know what's up" he politely said and I nodded. I looked back at Gray and he looked bummed out about something. He looked up at me and I pointed at him and did an okay hand signal and he nodded, smiling again after.

AFTER SCHOOL

"Yeah, he asked me to go to the football game next week. I didn't really give him an answer because I wanted to see if you wanted to go to the game with me" I explained to Gray, calling him. "Uhh, yeah. About that" he said and I immediately got worried. "What?" I asked. "Liz asked me to go to the game with her" he admitted and my heart stopped. "Oh" I said, trying not to be sad. Then there was a pause. "I'm sorry" he said. "Hey it's okay, as long as we hang out another time, we'll be all set" I said. There was a little boy in his front yard and a soccer ball was rolling towards me, so I passed it back to him with my foot. "Did you just kick a soccer ball?" Gray asked which made me laugh, how'd he hear that? "I did! How the fu- flip did you know?" I asked, catching myself and not cussing in front of a kid.