Beneath The Surface

THANK YALL SO MUCH FOR 100K READS ON MY FIRST STORY!!! COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YALL🙏🙏🙏

Gray's POV:

It's been an hour since I saved Ganke from those muggers. Things feel weird now, now that I have to accept the fact that he knows that I'm Spider-Man. Him and I are in his room and I've been telling him everything about my family and I. About how my dad's from another dimension, how there's a demon inside me, my powers, how my dad fought off an inter dimensional monster and how he met my mom, all the good stuff. "So are there different me's out there in different universes?" He asked. "Definitely, just like how there's a bunch of Gray (last name)s out there" I said, giving him my necklace so he can hold it. "Have you been to your dad's universe?" He asked and I nodded. "Yeah, we'd always go there for thanksgiving. I can technically live there if I wanted to" I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"I thought your dad couldn't live here without the hopper, how does that apply to you?" He asked. "I'm half blooded. My mom's from this universe and my dad from Earth-549. Since he made me and Madison with mom, I'm technically from two universes" I explained and he nodded. "But really, I bet what you do is so cool! You swing around the city, beat up bad guys and save the day. How anybody turn down-" he was saying until I interrupted him. "It's not" I said and that caught him off guard. "Dude, I've seen some wild shit. I've watched people die. My parents have lost people they love from being who they are. Every Spider-Man and woman has in every universe. Ganke I-... I don't think I can handle that. To lose you or my family members or, Felicia-" I was saying until Ganke sat down at his desk chair. "No one's dying, that's not gonna happen" he said.

"Ganke, it's a curse. It's what happens in every spider's story" I explained. He looked up at the ceiling, thinking of something to say. "What do you wanna do? Hide from your problems? Hide from what you are?" He asked and I kept listening. "I mean, you've got these incredible powers that you use for good. What good would they do if you stopped being Spider-Man? People are going to lose people, that's life. But you prevent that, you make sure that people make it home to their families after fighting, I don't know, Sandman" he said and I shrugged my shoulders after I processed what he said. "I don't know, man" I said and he kept looking at me. "I do want to help you, like with your missions" he said and I looked up curiously. "You know, I can be your copilot, say who's where or gather information on something" he said and I shook my head.

"No dude, I can't risk your life" I said. "And I can't risk your life either. You're my best friend, I wanna make sure nothing happens to you and if me helping you with your missions from my desk benefits you, so be it" he said. I really didn't know what to say, he's been hammering me with some good points. But if he stays home to help me with my missions, I guess that wouldn't be so bad. I nodded my head and looked at him. "Okay" I said and he looked intrigued. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah, let's do this" I said and I got off his bed. I took my necklace back and I tapped it with my finger, covering my body with my armor. "So cool" he said. "Alright, what do we do?" He asked. I sat on his bed, facing his wall. "Lift up my cape. Under my collar should be a pushable panel. Once you open it, you'll find a big chip in it, plug that into your computer" I explained and I felt him grab my cape.

"Sounds like you've done this before" he said. "I know what's in my armor" I said and he finally lifted up my cape all the way, he just threw it over my head. I felt him open the panel and take out the chip. "Will this break your suit in anyway?" He asked, being cautious and closing the panel. "It shouldn't, there's over three thousand chips in this thing, that one just gives you access to what I see" I said, throwing my cape off my head. He grabbed his laptop and stuck the chip in. After a few minutes of computer programming, we finally got it to work. "Alright, put your mask on" he said and I retracted my helmet. Once I did that, we could see what I was seeing in the laptop. "Let's go!" He celebrated and he tried to high five me. He hit my metal hand and immediately regretted it. "Ow! Why's it so hard?" He said, shaking his hand.