Chapter 10

At the house, Bob tucks Jack-Jack in bed again, but he puts a table and some books on top of his crib to keep him from escaping. Then he sees Violet sitting on the floor sadly.

"Honey, why are y-"

"Don't say anything." Violet says walking up stairs quickly.

"It's Dad. Are you okay?" Bob says knocking on his daughters door.

"I'm fine. I don't wanna talk about it." Violet says through the door.

"Tony didn't even call?" Bob asks her.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Violet tells him.

"Oh, honey..." Bob says

"Dad! If you want me to feel better, then leave me alone. Please?" Violet says as May walks towards Bob.

Bob hears the TV making May sigh. "I got this B don't worry." May says making him nod as she enters Violet's room closing the door behind her.

"Hey Vi come here." May says opening her arms only to have the girl cry in her arms.

⭒ ༺ ♰ ༻ ⭒

Bob falls asleep with Jack-Jack still watching TV. Jack-Jack watches a movie where someone is robbing a jewelry store.

Jack-Jack then sees a raccoon outside eating in the garbage and notices the black part of fur that looks like a mask. Jack-Jack noticed that the robber had a mask, so he mistakes the raccoon as a criminal.

He goes through the glass door that leads to the back yard and takes the food and throws it in the garbage and then he puts the lid on with his mind. the raccoon and Jack-Jack start fighting without Bob noticing because he's asleep.

Jack-Jack kicks the raccoon and he gets tangled in one of the outside chairs.

Jack-Jack then turns into fire and goes to the raccoon. Jack-Jack throws a flaming table to where it was. Jack-Jack checks to see if he was there but it isn't there.

The raccoon knocks down a grill and puts coal dust everywhere. Jack-Jack then gets laser eyes and follows it who's trying to avoid the lasers. The raccoon climbs onto an umbrella but Jack-Jack breaks it, causing it to fall.

The raccoon then leaps onto Jack-Jack but he turns into soft slimy material. Bob wakes up from the noise and sees Jack-Jack fighting a raccoon. Bob picks up Jack-Jack but Jack-Jack duplicates and hops on top of Rocky. Bob picks up Jack-Jack and his duplicates and Jack-Jack is back into one as the raccoon leaves.

Jack-Jack let's put a loud babble. "You have... POWERS!!! YEAH, BABY! And there's not a scratch on you! Did you go through the locked door? Are those your powers?" "Who can multiply like rabbits and go right through any...solid..." Bob says confused.

Jack-Jack sneezes and briefly turns into fire, gets electrical, and shoots laser eyes. "Oh, my God..." Bob says in shock making Jack-Jack laugh.

"Hello?" Bob says answering the phone.

"Hey, honey. You weren't gonna call me?" Helen says.

"Oh, hey! No. I mean, yes, yeah...I just didn't wanna wake you." Bob says as he puts Jack-Jack down.

"The strangest thing just happened out in the yard." Bob speaks up.

"Sounds like I just woke you up." Helen says.

"No, no. It's just, Jack-Jack..." Bob starts to say.

"He had an injury! I knew it! I'm coming home right now! I never should hav-" Helen says panicking.

"No, no, no injury. Stay there and finish your mission. You never should-should have...what? You don't think I can do this?" Bob tells her.

"No, no. Sorry. I misspoke. Do you need me to come back?" Helen asks him.

"No, no. No, I've got this. Everything's great." Bob tells her.

"What happened with Jack-Jack?" Helen asks him

"Nothing. He's in excellent health." Bob says quickly.

Violet's in the background crying invisible with May following her while getting ice cream from the freezer.

"Well, that's good. How was Violet's date?" Helen asks as May waves at Bob.

"Uh..." Bob says waving back slowly as he sees the girls head back upstairs.

"That was tonight, right?" Helen asks.

"Yes. Good. All fine and...good." Bob tells her.

"And Jack-Jack went down with no trouble?" Helen asks as Bob sees Jack-Jack stare off the raccoon through the window.

"Fine yes, no trouble." Bob says.

"And Dash got his homework done?" Helen asks.

Bob turns to see Dash sleeping with unfinished homework "All done."

"So, things haven't spiraled out of control the moment I left?" Helen asks.

"Amazing as it may seem, it has been quite uneventful in fact. How about you?" Bob asks her.

"WE SAVED A RUNAWAY TRAIN!!! It WAS so GREAT! The mayor was there to cut the ribbon on this new train." helen starts to say as May walks downstairs to grab another ice cream bucket.

⭒ ༺ ♰ ༻ ⭒

May sees Bob on the phone as she walks towards a sleeping Dash.

May kisses his head and walks back upstairs to Violets room.

"Hey I brought more." May says entering the room.

"Life saver." Violet says groaning.

"Let's watch scary movies." May tells her making her smile.

"You know you should tell Dash how you feel before it's too late." Violet speaks up making May sigh.

"I don't know how." May tells her.

"Just tell him i'm sure he feels the same." Violet tells her.

"I hope so and I think you should confront Tony about today." May tells her making Violet nod.