Chapter 2

Raven

"Raven!" Kori slams open the door.I'm so startled that I stop meditating in the air and fall on my ass.

"Ah! Kori!" I yell as I fall.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," Kori says. I hold out my hand for her to take. She pulls me up.

"It's fine. It's good to see you, Kori. Is Donna here?" I ask.

"Yes, why?" Kori asks. I swipe my hand and the door shuts.

"Girl's night," I tell her. She squeals.

"What are we doing tonight? Is Donna coming?" Kori asks.

"Tonight it's pretty on the down low. We're watching a bunch of scary movies and eating junk food. And yes, Donna can come for her trial run," I say. Kori smiles and hugs me tightly. I hear my back crack.

"Ow. Superstrenghth. Remember?" I ask, wincing. She releases me.

"Sorry. This is the first time I've seen you in a while. And you've already planned something for us!"

"Alright, but you can't tell anyone. Not even Dick. I'll tell the others. Be at the stairs at ten PM," I tell her. She nods.

"Sounds fun. Oh, and our presence was requested downstairs," Kori says. I nod and follow her down. A black dog comes barrelling towards me. I bend down just as it jumps up, he licks my face.

Damian

Titus is licking Raven's face and hands. So Titus likes her. And she likes him. So she can't be that bad.

"Raven. Stop playing with the dog. Come say 'ello to your team," Constantine says. Raven sighs and pets Titus one last time before walking over. Titus happily trots beside her.

"'Ello," she mocks. "Can I go now?" Raven asks. Constantine rolls his eyes.

"No. Raven, this is your new team," Constantine tells her.

"So you've said."

"Just shut up and introduce yourself," Constantine orders.

"Why? I already know all of them. There's Jaime and Khaji-Da, Kori, Donna, Garfield, Dick, if he's even still a Titan, and Damian," Raven says.

"Who's Khaji-Da?" Garfield asks.

"The scarab," Raven tells him.

"How'd you know its name?" Jaime asks.

"You said it once. Just kinda stuck in my brain," Raven admits.

"Oh, well they say thanks for remembering them," Jaime says.

"They have better manners than most of the people I know." Raven glares at Constantine when she says that. Constantine throws his hands in the air, exasperated. Raven smirks.

"Well, this has been nice, but I'm going to the store," she says.

"For what?" Constantine asks, suspicious.

"Feminine products, perv," Raven snaps.

"And?"

"And eight bricks of cocaine. What do you want me to say?" she asks.

"Take Damian. And change into civilian clothing," Father orders.

"I can go by myself," Raven scoffs.

"This isn't up for discussion."

"Fine."

"And Raven?" Constantine adds. Raven looks back at him. "Wear the headphones." Raven nods. Headphones? What for?

Three minutes later, I'm driving to the store with Raven in the passenger seat, with headphones on the moment we get to the city. Her outfit is black shorts and a black skull t-shirt. Why does she have the headphones on? When we park, she doesn't take the headphones off.

I tap on her shoulder and motion for her to take them off. She shakes her head. Why won't she take them off? Whatever. Let the woman do what she wants. Raven gets a cart and I follow her through the store. She doesn't go to the feminine products but to the candy. She gets a hell of a lot of it. Then she gets chips, popcorn, ect. What could she possibly be doing that needs this much junk food? Has she even heard of veggies? We actually do go to the feminine products, and she gets two boxes of pads and a box of tampons. When at checkout, she just hands the cashier three hundred bucks and mutters keep the rest.

She grabs the bags and as soon as we're in the car, she holds out her hand and a portal opens. She drops the bags filled with food in them. She can make portals? What else can she do? When we're out of the city she takes off the headphones and winces.

"What was with the headphones?" I ask.

"I'm an empath," she says. Oh. I get it now. Gotham is not a place for empaths. It's dangerous for them. I've heard rumors that soundproof headphones can help.

"I thought you were just getting feminine products at the store," I say, changing the topic.

"Don't tell anyone about the junk food. It's for a friend."

"If you answer one question first," I offer.

"Depends on the question. Ask away."

"How did you get to Constantine? I know you're not related," I say.

"My mother sent me to him."

"Where's your mother?" I ask.

"That's two questions."

"Fine. Only since I respect my deals."

"Aw, the son of the bat has honor."

"Why'd you say it like that?"

"Three questions."

"Why do you keep counting how many questions?" I ask.

"Four."

"Why are you like this?"

"Five." I roll my eyes.

"Fine. We're here, Your Majesty," I say.

"Oh really? I hadn't guessed that from the giant castle in front of us," Raven deadpans. I scoff but the corners of my mouth tilt upwards.

"Huh. He can smile."

"Yeah. Don't tell the others," I tell her.

"I don't know, I think I should get to ask you a question."

"Depends on the question. Ask away," I repeat her words from earlier.

"Is your mother Talia al Ghul?"

"How did you know?" I ask, slightly confused. (Not that I would let it show)

"Just rumors. That's six, by the way."

"You've heard rumors about me?"

"And that makes seven." She just smirks and gets out of the car, letting me sit in confusion.