Chapter 10

Damian

"Dami, you ready?" Dick asks.

"I've been ready for the past hour," I growl, rolling my eyes. Jason smacks the back of my head like how in NCIS Gibbs smacks Tony. (Tim got me addicted to NCIS)

"Lose the attitude, demon spawn," he says.

"No calling anyone demon spawn around Raven, Jason. Since she's actually..." Dick drones off.

"I don't think she'll mind. She's friends with Rose. She must be used to being insulted."

"Still, don't do it."

"I won't. Jeez. I don't know why you care so much. All she's done is lie since she got here."

"You're one to talk," I snort.

"Aw, is the little demon spawn defending his girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend," I snap.

"You sure? You seemed pretty cozy with each other," he laughs.

"What part of our interactions gave you that idea?" I ask.

"Well, you volunteered to get her for breakfast," he says.

"No, I didn't."

"Yeah, you did. Right, Dick?" He raises an eyebrow at our eldest brother, who rolls his eyes and looks in the mirror on the wall for the eighteenth time this minute.

"Don't bring me into this," he mutters.

"So you agree with me," Jason states.

"No comment."

"Enough. God, it's like you're all children. Come on, we're going to be late. Dick, enough with your hair. It's fine," Tim groans, grabbing Dick's arm and pulling him out.

Okay, small problem. Raven looks beautiful. She's wearing a sleeveless black dress with long gloves. (Looks like this, since I'm bad at describing things)

 (Looks like this, since I'm bad at describing things)

And her hair is

Jason gives me a knowing look and I glare at him

"It's okay if you're hard-"

"Shut up," I hiss, elbowing him in the gut.

"Hey, babe," Rose says from beside us. Jason turns around and his jaw drops. She's wearing the same thing as Raven, but definitely not my type. Jason is drooling a little. I smirk at him.

"Karma's a bitch," I tell him before making my way to our seats.

When Jinx and Wally finally said I do and kiss, I saw Raven smile. A real smile. Soft, lovely, and real. She's happy for her friends. Or, friend. I don't actually know her relationship with Wally. Now she's sitting at a table, alone, her violet eyes scanning the room. I make my way over to her.

"If you're going to ask me to dance, I'm warning you beforehand, I'll decline the invitation," she says. I chuckle softly and sit next to her.

"Yeah, I don't dance," I tell her. She hands me a drink.

"Cheers to that." She takes a sip of her drink.

"How do you know Jinx, anyway?"

"Promise not to tell?" she asks.

"Promise? Are we in kindergarten?"

"Fine. If you tell anyone, I'll skin you alive. Happy?"

"Very."

"Me, Rose and Jinx all met at the same place. There was a company that was experimenting on animals, torturing them, and we all went there to save them. We saw each other and decided to team up. We blew up the place once all the animals and people were clear. It was love at first explosion. We've been friends ever since," she says.

"Wait, you blew up a building?"

"Well, it's not like there were people there!"

"Does Constantine know you blew up a building? How come I'm not allowed to blow stuff up?" I whine. My father would kill me if I blew up something without his permission. She laughs.

"Constantine doesn't know half the shit that is my life. And you would just blow up everything," she adds.

"Hard to argue with that," I admit.

"You shouldn't even try. You look like an arson kinda guy."

"You most certainly do not. Jinx, Rose, them I understand. You seem like the kind of person who would hack the files and publish them."

"What can I say? I like to surprise people."

"Well, you're most certainly doing a good job."

"I know," she says, flashing me an award winning smile. I smirk.

"You might need to get your ego in check."

"Damian, my ego is one hundred percent in check. It's right where it should be."

"I know." I wink. I quite like her confident side.

"I'm going to the ladies room. I'll see you later," she tells me, getting up.

"Okay. Hey, Raven?" I call.

"Yeah?" She turns around.

"I like the dress."