Chapter 13

Raven

"Are you okay?" Damian asks me. 

"I'm fine. You?" 

"Good." 

We stand in awkward silence for a minute and then, thankfully, Alfred enters the room.

"Mistress Raven, Master Damian, your parents are requesting your presence," Alfred tells us.  I stand and follow Alfred as he leads us to the formal dining room. Oh, shit. All the parents/mentors are here. Mine, Jon's, Damians, Donna's. And then there's the whole Titan team, plus all the bat kids.

"Damian, Raven. It's nice of you to join us," Bruce says.

"What is this about, Father?" Damian asks.

"You remember the Justice League convention we're hosting this week? We're here to talk about proper etiquette," Bruce tells us. Me and Damian look at each other, wondering if he's serious. He seems to be.

"I'm leaving," I say, turning back to the door. It slams shut in front of my face, and a familiar rune glows on it. Shit. Constantine blocked portals. 

"Sit your are down, love," he says. Glaring, I sit in an empty chair. 

"You too, Damian," Bruce snaps. Damian sits next to me with a huff, and crosses his arms.

"This is stupid," he mutters quietly enough that Bats can't hear him. I nod in agreement.

 "Good. Now, we're starting with conversational topics. What are some topics to avoid? Stephanie, you start," Bruce says.

"Oh, um... periods!" Steph shouts. Bruce has a clear moment of 'how is this my life?' thoughts.

"Yes. Let's avoid that topic," Bruce murmurs.

"Why? Does that topic make you uncomfortable?" I ask. 

"Of course not."

"Then why would we avoid that topic?"

"Because... I don't even care anymore. Moving on. Jason, you're next."

"Uh, the pit," he says.

"Fine. Cass?"

"Politics."

"What? We're not in... Nevermind. Dick?"

"Let's just avoid any embarrassing stories about me."

"That excludes all Robin talk then," Tim says.

"Yep, sorry Dami. You can't come," Jason interrupts.

"Fine by me," Damian shrugs. 

"No. Boys, all of you stop," Bruce groans.

"I honestly don't know why you're putting yourself through this, Batsy. It's not like we're dining with royalty. Well, besides Diana and Kori, but they're used to our bumpkin ways," Constantine adds. 

"It's important for everyone to have proper manners, John," Bruce growls. I'm suddenly hit with a waive of anxiety, some anger, and utter exhaustion, coming from nearly everyone. Don't break anything. A shattering sound is faint in the hallway. Oh, that's definitely me. Clark's head whips up.

"Sorry, that was me," I murmur so quietly only he can hear me. He locks eyes with me, and I'm sure he can hear my racing heart. He nods in understanding. Damian catches the moment, and looks at him, then at me. He looks to my fists which are clenched tightly from the anxiety and anger I'm getting from this room, then mouths 'are you okay'? I nod. 

"If we already know proper etiquette are we excused?" I call out, immediately gaining more anxiety from everyone's gazes.

"Where would you have learned that? I'm sure it wasn't with Constantine," Bruce says.  Constantine finally realizes something is wrong and his eyes widen.

"Yep, you're excused," he tells me, waving his hand at the door. I'm out of there in a second.