Lingered

Yn pov
It has been three weeks since the Losers split up. Tomorrow it will be Stans bar mitzvah. I am so annoyed at a few of the Losers. I have only talked to Stanly and Beverly. I never really talked much but when I was with the Losers I felt safe it was comforting that even if I did not talk I still felt heard. I wrapped Stanly's gifts, I got him a gold bird whistle necklace and a note I wrote.

Hey stan,
Your finally a man now I know I have only really known you for this summer but I have felt like I have known you my whole life. I mean Mabey because we had the same kindergarten, 5th grade, and some classes 7th grade but I would never thought I would talk to you. I mean your perfect curls that role on your face, the way you smile so purely, the way you keep everyone safe even if your terrified, and the way that your lips against mine calmed me down. You might not be the strongest Loser but in my eyes your a hero. Jeez this is cringy but now Stan The Man is finally a Man. But your still a kid deep down. Keep strong Uris I love you.
Love Yn Costa

I bite my lip and seal the note. I laughed a little

Time skip to the next day and getting ready for his bar mitzvah

I woke up and took my hair out of my bonnet and picked it. I then got dressed for his bar mitzvah. I actually wore colore for the first time since like preschool.

I feel stupid in it but whatever, it's cute

I feel stupid in it but whatever, it's cute. I do light makeup. And I was really to go. I got the gift and got on my bike and rode to the temple. I walk in and put my present on the table. Someone bumped into me. "Sorry." The voice said. It was Richie. "Oh um hey yn" he said. I waved at him "Listen Yn, I know you don't like talking and we where never 'besties' or whatever but can we just be cool agin?" He asked. I smirked and bit my lip "Yea I would like that." I said. Stanly walked over to me. "Nice hair" I spoke twirling my hair biting my lip then winking. His face blushed and looked down. "So your about to be a man, huh" Rich laughed. Stanly rolled his eyes. "Bye Stan" I said as me and Rich took a seat.

"Reflecting on what I just read the word 'leshnot' comes up a lot. Which means, um, to transform. Which makes sense I geuss. Because today I am supposed to become a man. It's funny though. Everyone, I think has some memories they are more proud then others, right? And Mabey that's why change is so scary. Cause of the things we wish we could leave behind, the whispers we wish we could silence... the nightmares we most want to wake up from...the memories we wish we could change... secrets we feel like we have to keep, and the hardest to walk away from. The good stuff...the pictures in our minds that fade the fastest, those pieces of you feels the easiest to lose. Mabey, I don't want to forget Mabey, that's what todays all about, forget it right?" Stanly spoke "thank you, Stanly." Stanley's dad spoke walking forward. "Uh, Today I was supposed to become a man, but I don't feel any different... I know I am a loser, and no matter what, I always fucking will be." Stanly spoke making everyone gasp. Richie stood up and started clapping slowly. Then he got pulled down by his mom. I had tears in my eyes, not sad but proud.

I run out of the temple and everyone watches me leave. I find Stanly. "Stan!" I run up to him. "Yn? What are you doing?" He asked. "I loved the speech" I said. "Thanks." He was staring at me I stared back He just smirked sweetly. I did not just have a crush on him, I loved him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. We just looked into each others eyes for a little more agin We both slowly moved closer and our lips touching. The kiss lasted for about fifteen seconds before We pulled away. The kiss lingered on my lips I smiled a little and he did to. I looked at the ground biting my lip thinking I can't just believe that happened.

❤️❤️❤️