Chapter 3

"That's the plan, we're gonna hit him with a brick?"

You know, maybe the raccoon is more of an idiot than I thought.

"It's a mold," King Eitri explains, "A king's weapon. Meant to be the greatest in Asgard,"

Only one of you can rule, but both of you were born to be Kings.

"In theory, it could even summon the Bifrost," he finishes, still staring in awe at the mold.

"Did it have a name?" Thor asks.

"Stormbreaker,"

"That's a bit much," The raccoon comments as I snort with laughter.

"So how do we make it?" Thor questions stupidly.

With magical bilge snipe of course.

King Eitri gives my brother a melancholy look, "You'll have to restart the forge. Awaken the heart of a dying star,"

"Rabbit, fire up the pod,"

Excuse me?

•••

"I don't think you get the scientifics here," the raccoon reasons, "These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving you're gonna need something a lot bigger to yank 'em loose,"

Thor grunts, jumping down onto the rings while I'm perched in the seat next to the raccoon, far away from the dwarf as possible. "Leave that to me,"

"Leave it to you?" The raccoon snorts, "Buddy, you're in space. All you got is a rope and a AGH-" The raccoon yelps as Thor begins hurling us around.

My face is hurled against the window, screaming as everything in the pod shifts.

Thor, you dumb bloke. Also, why does this remind me of the time with the bilgesnipe?

Thor grunts as he finally lets go, "Fire the engines!" He yells, prompting the raccoon to give a shout of excitement as he pulls it full force.

Behind me, I'm hazily aware of Thor trying to catch the rings, but everything feels fuzzy thanks to Thor's madhouse of a roller coaster moments ago.

The pod strains against the force, cracking the ice that collected on the rings.

"More power, rabbit," Thor strains.

What do you think we're doing up here?

But somehow, miraculously, the rings began to move. The star lighting up gloriously in a rainbow of blue and gold.

"That's Niðavellir!" Thor exclaims, jumping into view on the glass. His face smushed up against the pod, a child-like expression of glee written on his face. The star erupts, a shine of golden light casting into the forge.

That's when I realized that maybe it wasn't the best idea for a Jötun to go to a giant supernova. It's hot, brain-meltingly hot.

The magma pours onto my back, racing over my arms and legs like a forbidden waterfall.

The heat. It's too much. Heat. Heat. Heat. Heat. Heat. Heat. Heat.

"Heimdall!" I beg, "Odin! Frigga! Anyone please!"