Chapter 13

"You're drifting left," Iron defincancy man announces to my oaf of a brother, who has beer dripping down his beard, and ridiculous sunglasses sitting atop his head, "One side there lebrowski," he says, speaking of another annoying Midgardian reference.

"Ratchet, how's it going?" He asks Raccoon, who's fiddling with wires underneath a big metal contraption that I'm sitting on.

"It's Rocket," Raccoon snorts, "Take it easy, you're only a genius on Earth, pal,"

Yes, I am much smarter than you and your idiotic metal gear.

Then the oaf belches, holding up his hands as an apology.

Norns, I'm mortified to even know you.

Then I go off in search of someone to antagonize.

I find Nebula, Green Banner, and another middle-aged man in a lab, before Stark's friend walks in.

It's like their multiplying.

"Time travel suit, not bad," he states, gesturing to the horrific white and red suit he's wearing.

Time travel? Your plan is time travel?

Just as Green Banner is about to place a vial of a blue liquid inside the mystery man's belt, he yelps, "Hey, hey, hey! Easy! Easy!" he says hypocritically.

Admittedly, yelling is not the way to make one cautious.

Green Banner scowls, "I'm being careful," he groans, still holding the vial like it might explode.

"No, you're being very Hulky," the annoying man retorts, snatching the vial from his hands.

Please, until you have been slammed into the ground repeatedly, you have no right to complain.

"I'm being very careful!" Green Banner yells, unknowing that I flinch as he raises his voice.

I'll be careful, Jötun scum. Wouldn't want you to die before you fulfill your glorious purpose.

"No! These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it," he rants, not noticing the barbaric scientists amused expression, "This is what we have. We're not making any more!"

I suppose that makes sense why he's so paranoid.

"Scott, calm down," Stark's friend warns, his eyebrows raised.

"Sorry," Scott? apologizes, "We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs," he adds on.

Then, quite idiotically, he yelps and shrinks down to vanish before he appears again.

"One test run,"

You've gotta be shitting me.

"Alright, I'm not ready for this," the idiot stammers, waving the now empty vial around.

"I'm game,"

I turn around, immediately recognizing that voice.

You have heart.

I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you.

The spy.

The man who's mind I took.

Who I did the same thing to him that Thanos did to me.

His mind connected to the scepter like mine.

Our minds intertwined.

He knows my secrets.

My past.

He knows me.

"I'll do it,"