Chapter 7

You're going to loss.

It's in your nature.

I suppose you're right.

23 days.

Funny, it feels longer.

22 days since Thor left his bedroom.

18 days from Thor giving me the Valhalla's blessing.

14 since he showered.

7 after he last ate.

And two...

Two when I felt the weights lifted off my shoulders again. The feeling of the mind stone being destroyed. I don't understand.

1 day since Stark and Thanos's daughter, Nebula, arrived back on Ter- Midgard.

4 hours since Thor was dragged down to a conference room.

And I'm one second away from falling apart.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working..."

Asgard in flames, Surtur murdering them all.

Images flash across illusion, the cat man, the sorceruss, Tree.

They're all gone.

"... we're trying to take a census and it looks like he did,"

"He did exactly what he said he was going to do,"

I am inevitable.

"Thanos wiped out... 50% of all living creatures,"

Thor is still silent in the back corner, I am sitting next to him. Comforting him, listening to his pain, being a brother to him.

As if it matters anyways.

"Where is he now? Where?" Stark asks, a tube contraption attached to his wrist.

Rogers sighs, "We don't know. He just, opened a portal and walked through,"

Stark pushes his wheeled chair around, taking a second look at my brother, "What's wrong with him?"

I growl threateningly, my Jötun tendencies pushing through.

What more could I lose?

The raccoon gives Thor a pitying look, "Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed,"

We did fail, don't lie about it.

"Which, of course, he did. But there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?"

You were supposed to protect us.

Stark rolls his eyes, raising his hand, "Honestly, until this exact second I thought you were a Build-A-Bear,"

Now is not the time for jokes, shut up before I cut out your tongue.

"Maybe I am," the raccoon retorts, I snort at his response.

I very much like the raccoon.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now," Rogers says, diminishing the mood, "Deep space scans and satellites, we got nothing,"

Probably because he's most likely not on Terra- Midgard. I meant Midgard.

"Tony, you fought him," Rogers continues.

Stark jerks his head up, "Who told you that? I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet... while a Bleaker Street magician gave away the store,"