Chapter 8

Thor has retreated to the back corner of the room, the tears threatening to fall after I was brought up in the conversation.

Did you mourn?

A part of me, selfishly, is glad that he grieves. Happy that he felt something positive towards me enough to miss.

I never thought I was good enough to be mourned.

The rest of the team are gathered in the conference room, Nebula leaning up against the wall, "Thanos spent a lot of time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his Great Plan,"

Don't you want to be perfect, Jötun scum? To be a part of the Great Plan?

"Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask... where would we go once his plan was complete? And his answer was always the same. 'To the Garden'"

Stark's friend scoffs, "That's cute Thanos has a retirement plan,"

"So where is he?" Rogers demands. Nobody pays attention to the words that Nebula has uttered, how she was ripped apart piece by piece.

Our screams in sinc as we are tortured. Fire and robotic parts.

Raccoon clicks a button, the illusion hologram popping up next to him on the table, "When Thanos snapped his fingers Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it. Until two days ago-"

My breath hitches in my throat.

Two days ago.

The feeling of the mind stone being eradicated.

He couldn't have...

Could he?

"-On this planet." Raccoon finishes.

"Thanos is there,"

Agent Romanoff leans in further to the illusion, a look of bewilderment across her face, "He used the stones again,"

Really? That's not obvious at all.

Thor is oblivious to the whole thing. Barely paying attention as he chugs Terra's version of mead.

Midgard, not Terra.

The beastly scientist begins to stutter, "Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know?"

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..." Stark's friend trails off.

"So, let's get 'em," Tesseract woman shrugs, "Use them to bring everybody back,"

She does know that this is Thanos, right?

"Just like that?" The green scientist asks dubiously.

"Yeah, just like that,"

"Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this. I mean, we owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try,"

What more could I lose?

"If we do this, how do we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?" Bruce counters.

"Because before you didn't have me,"

Bit cocky, aren't we?

Stark's friend cranes his neck and folds his arms, "Hey, new girl? Everybody in this room is about that superhero life,"

Plus, even if you have the power of the space stone, Thanos has that plus five more.

"And if you don't mind my asking, where the Hel have you been all this time?" He adds on, a look of disbelief on his complexion.

"There are a lot of other planets in the universe. And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys,"

I have seen worlds you have not known
about, Odinson.

A lot of disappointed and annoyed expressions flash across the room before my oaf of a brother decides to stand.

Marching over to the woman, he holds his hand out and I instantly wince. I've been the victim of Thor's idiotic weapons for far too long to know what's happening.

Stormbreaker goes flying through the air blowing her hair, inches away from her face. She doesn't even flinch.

He stares at her for a couple of moments as she narrows her eyes, he nods in approval.

"I like this one,"

I chuckle at a memory, his old kærasta, smacking me across the face.

I like her.

Rogers stares at the floating globe for a second, before finally talking again.

"Let's go get this son of a bitch,"