Chapter 10

I would've admired the beauty of the planet, of the lush green plants and the birds chirping.

That was if I wasn't about to face my worst literal nightmare. The demon who made my life a living Hel. And he knew I would be there, he had to soul stone. He would hurt me again.

The landscape would've been pretty if my heart wasn't beating out of my chest and my legs were threatening to collapse under me from fear.

There's a small wooden hut in a meadow. His armor is used as a scarecrow for his garden. I'm sickened honestly.

How could such a monster, a monster worse than I, be at peace? Why was he able to live a normal life, happy, while I was cast out and ridiculed?

Even though I had worked hard to redeem myself, it was never enough. I would never make up for all the deaths and destruction I caused, in my eyes of anyone else's.

The world isn't separated into good and bad, we're all bad. The difference with me is nobody saw the good in me

They only saw what they wanted to see regardless of the truth.

"Ready?" Rogers's voice whispers, glancing at the Tesseract woman, who gives a firm nod.

She blasts through the wall, hands glowing the venomous blue and gold. She charges into the hut, badly burning Thanos as he grunts, trying to back up and escape.

She flips onto the floor, jumping up onto his back and pulling him into a choke hold. Thanos desperately claws at her, then suddenly, the ground of the wooden shack bursts open. Revealing Banner in his fake Hulk-suit.

Stark's friend flies in, pinning down his other arm as Thor marches through the door, swinging his axe with furious might. The axe slams down, right through his bicep, making a satisfying squelch and cracking sound as the gauntlet drops to the floor.

He's still grimacing in pain when Rogers walks through with Romanoff.

That's not right, he should've noticed that I'm here. Not that I'm complaining but...

Raccoon walks over to the gauntlet, flipping it over for all the stones to be on display.

Only the stones aren't in there.

I hear a quiet, "Oh no," as my mind whirls. Two days ago, the feeling of pressure on my head and the weight of the mind stone being lifted off my shoulders.

Norns, I was such an idiot.

"Where are they?"

Tesseract woman tightens her grip around his neck, "Answer the question," she demands.

It's strange. Seeing my abuser in a position like this. Here was the man, the one who still haunted me to this very day, inches away from death. He looked almost... normal.

You have no power here Jötun scum.

That still didn't mean that I wouldn't hide behind Thor's tense body.

"The universe required correction," Thanos replied, his voice making the hairs on my neck stand straight up, "After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation,"

No, that wasn't right.

Thanos was a power hungry beast, there was no way that he had, well- morals.

Could he?

He certainly didn't have morals when he was torturing me, that's for sure.

"You murdered trillions!" Banner yells, taking a step forward and sending him flying across the room.