Chapter 6

I woke up from my nap quite shakened up I might add. Just seeing him again has made the nightmares come more frequently and has made them seem more violent and so realistic. Going over to my mirror I looked up and saw that I looked like complete hell. Walking back to my bed I laid down and grabbed my phone out of habit. I saw that I had two new text messages, one from Mariah and one from an Unknown Number. I opened Mariah's message and was honestly shocked at the message before me. Apparently I made the Top 3 for the Sophomore Homecoming Court. "Oh yippee," I thought sarcastically. The next message just scared me to death. When I opened the message the Unknown Sender had clearly become known. It was Tyler. I could feel my body shaking as I read the message. His was of course a threat that was stated clear as day. It read as follows," I'm back so be afraid. Be very afraid. What happened before and what happened to Leia was nothing compared to what's coming your way. Enjoy your time of being free and breathing for that matter. And don't try to run because I'll always find you." After reading that I threw my phone against the wall and slumped down on to the floor. I heard my door open and someone run over to me. Looking up I saw that it was Karson.

"Kyla. What happened?" he asked. I just held onto him and cried into his shirt. After a few minute my cries quieted down enough for me to point to my phone hoping that Karson would get the message. He did and walked over and grabbed my phone handing it to me so I could unlock it to show him the message. After unlocking my phone I handed it back to Karson and he saw why I was freaking so bad. His hold tightened on me and looked up to see him beyond pissed.

I waved my hand in front of his face to get his attention. "Kar," I quietly called out on the verge of crying again.

"Don't worry Kyla. He won't be going no where near you. Especially with Alec, Jane and myself at the school," he assured me. 

"I'm going up to the roof for a bit so I might see you later," I told him.

"Aren't you going to eat dinner or something for that matter?" Karson questioned. I shrugged my shoulders and he let out a disappointing sigh.

"You can't starve yourself again Kyla. I don't want you to end up like last time," Karson said worriedly. My eyes widened when I realized what he was saying. He doesn't want me to stop eating like I did after Leia passed. I nodded in understanding as I grabbed my phone so I could have my music when I was up on the roof. "Oh and Kyla. Congrats on making Sophomore Top 3," he said.

"You knew?" I asked him kind of confused since he rarely listens.

"Yeah. I made Top 3 for Sophomore guys. which reminds me I have your sash thing you have to wear all week to school. You know the one that lets people know you are in Top 3," he explained.

"Okay. Just set it on my bed then," I told him before he turned and walked to his room. I went up to the roof and laid back looking up at the passing clouds. 

I took a deep breath before starting to speak. "Well Leia, it has been a few months since everything has happened. Everything seems so different. I feel like I have lost half of me. You were my bestie and my sister I always wanted. I mean we were together since we were 'Divas in Diapers'. We always had each others backs and I'm so sorry I let you down. I'll never forgive myself for that. As you can probably tell you-know-who is back and no I'm not making a Harry Potter reference this time. Tyler's back and I'm more scared than ever. I just wish for once he would go away and leave me alone. I mean seriously what the hell did we ever do to him. But moving on to other topics, I got Sophomore Top 3 for the girls and Karson made Top 3 for the guys. I bet if you were still with us you would be in it. Also I met this guy. His name is Alec.I know I told you I never believed in love but I think I'm starting to second guess myself. I just feel different around him. It's definitely a good difference. Sometimes it's like I don't even know. It's indescribable, if that makes any sense. Leia, I wish you were here. I miss your advice. I mean you would know what to do. I'm absolutely hopeless at this stuff. I mean do I tell him or just hide it? Well I miss you everyday and you're always in my heart. Tell any of my relatives up there I miss and love them as well. I guess I'll talk to you later. Miss you sister Leia," I finished before letting myself completely breakdown. I let my Ipod play as the tears kept flowing. After my tears quieted down some I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I wiped my face and turned to the side only to see Alec sitting down.

"How much of that did you exactly hear?" I quietly asked.

"Basically the whole thing," he replied.

"Oh," I mumbled feeling embarrassed that he heard me let out my feelings about him.

"Don't feel embarrassed Kyla because I have a confession to make. I feel the same way and you want to know why?" he said.

"Why?" I anxiously asked feeling kind of giddy that the feelings were mutual.

He took a deep breath before sighing," you're my la tua cantante, my blood singer, my soul mate." It took me a couple of moments before actually realizing what he said.

"If I'm your la tua cantante then how are you sitting so close?" I nervously asked.

"I have been around for a while. I have learned self-control and besides I could never fathom a thought of ever hurting you," he explained. I nodded before laying back and looking at the sky.

"Do you want to dance Kyla?" Alec asked me. I nodded before grabbing his hand that he extended to me. Alec picked up my Ipod and put on a slow song that I instantly recognized as Avril Lavigne's 'Keep Holding On.' We danced to the song with me laying my head on his chest since he was a bit taller than me. When the song was over he surprised me by giving me a soft but sweet kiss upon my lips. I was shocked but kissed back. When I looked up I saw him smiling.

I smiled back and asked," So where does this make us?"

He chuckled and said," Well I love it if you would be my girlfriend." I smiled and nodded. "Oh and Kyla. Will you go to the Homecoming Dance with me on Saturday?" he asked.

"Of course. I will." I replied smiling up at him.

**A/N- First off sorry for any tears that might've been shed. I'm not going to lie, I teared up a bit when I was writing it. So as always thank you for reading and vote and comment for more of the story and if you have any ideas at all. I'm always open to them. Last but not least, check out my new story This Crazy Thing Called Life.

Until next time~ Adrienne aka its_a_shortiee **