Chapter 9

I woke up that night from yet another nightmare only this one felt more realistic due to the incredible amount of pain my body was currently in. Grabbing my phone, I texted the only person who would be up at 2 in the morning, who also wouldn't ask any questions. Who might that be? If you guessed Karson then you're absolutely right. What can I say, I'm close to my twin no matter how much an idiot he could be at times. A couple minutes after I sent him the message to get his butt up to my room now because I'm in pain and need help, I heard his phone go off. A normal thing considering our rooms are right across from each other, but what confused me was that his phone sounded like it was going off from the other side of my bedroom. Using my flashlight app on my phone, I pointed towards the other side of my room and saw none other than my darling brother sitting up on an air mattress with his laptop open and looking at his phone.

"Okay Kars. I know that I love you and everything, but seriously what the hell are you doing in my room and camped out on my floor?" I confusedly asked.

He smirked and tossed his phone at me. "Well my dear sister. I am here just in case you were to wake up during the night in pain. Which by the message you just sent me, you clearly have. I'll be right back. don't move." He ran out of my room and much to his warning, I didn't listen. I stood up, ignoring the pain that was coming from my ribs, and walked to the bathroom. I heard him curse under his breath at my defiance. When I walked out I got a disapproving look from Karson.

"What did I tell you Kyla? You weren't suppose to get out of bed without help!" he scolded.

I rolled my eyes at his attempt to be stern. "Sorry for having the need to empty my bladder. I'm sore not crippled. I can walk on my own." He rolled his eyes at my defiance and pulled my covers back on my bed so I could easily get in it. After he did that Great- Grandpa Carlisle came over and checked my injuries over. 

"Where were you feeling the pain?" he asked.

"Mostly my ribs. Only felt a bit in my arm," I truthfully told him. He nodded and gave me some more medicine, which honestly tasted horrible, but nonetheless I choked the nasty liquid down. 

"That should help keep the pain away until at least later this morning. It will probably also make you extremely drowsy and make you fall back asleep without any problems," he told me. I nodded and watched as he left the room. After a bit of staring at my ceiling, I still wasn't even close to falling asleep. I sat up and looked over to Karson who had his headphones in and still staring at his laptop. Seeing that he was distracted, I stood up and started to walk towards my door but I was quickly stopped by none other than my brother standing in front of the door.

"Seriously! Do you not know what ask for help means?" he exclaimed.

"Oh. I know, but like I said I'm sore not crippled so move out of my way," I sighed.

"Well where are you going? It's like 3am," he asked. Getting an idea, I walked back over and slipped on my sneakers since I was already in sweatpants.

"Get some sweatpants or something on. You're taking me to 7/11 so I can get some junk food and a slurpee," I ordered. He smiled and ran across to his room quickly changing into some basketball shorts and his sneakers. I knocked on his door and was met with clothing being thrown at my face. Grabbing the clothing, I realized it was a zip- up hoodie. After I put it on, I made my way downstairs while holding on to Karson and just as he was about to grab his keys we were caught off guard by someone's voice.

"Where do you two think you're going at 3 in the morning?" the voice said, knowing all to well that it belonged to none other than our mother. We turned around and saw her standing there with her hands on her hips.

"We were just going to get junk food and slurpees from 7/11," I answered her. She shook her head at us before giving us a mini-lecture. 

"No, you two are not. May I remind you that it is 3 in the morning, you two are only 15 and Kyla you should be upstairs resting due to your injuries. So no. Take your shoes and hoodies off because you are not leaving this house tonight," she scolded.