Chapter 8

I was jolted awake by yet another nightmare that involved Tyler and everything that had already happened including the robbery and shooting that took Leia's life. Thankfully I didn't scream during my nightmare but when I touched my face I had tears flowing like a waterfall. I grabbed my phone and saw it was only 4 in the morning so I walked over to Karson's room because he was the only person who knew how to comfort me with these nightmares. I walked to his bedside and poked him a few times until he looked at me. 

"Is it 7 already?" he groaned.

"No. It's only 4, but c-can I s-stay in here for the r-rest of the night?" I choked out.

"Did you have another nightmare Ky?" he whispered. I nodded my head and started to cry a bit but not very loudly. Karson moved over and I climbed in and laid down next to him. He rubbed my back and pulled me close to calm me down. As quickly as I woke up I had fallen back asleep in my big brother's arms. A couple hours later we were woken up by Uncle Jasper and Aunt Alice.

"Come on. Get up you two! You need to get ready for the parade!" Aunt Alice chirped. I groaned and Karson just cuddled me in tighter obviously thinking I must've been a pillow.

"Don't make me dump water on you two!" Uncle Jasper loudly exasperated.

"You wouldn't!" Karson and I both exclaimed while sitting up at the same time.

"Twins." Uncle Jasper muttered. I rolled my eyes and stood up to walk back to my room to get ready. When I was to the door Karson stopped me.

"Same outfits as yesterday right?" he asked.

"Yep but plus the sash and crown thing," I said. He nodded and I went to shower and get ready. When I was done getting ready I walked downstairs to find Aunt Alice so she could help put my hair ribbon in plus fix the tiara I had to wear. Once I found her she quickly tied up my hair and I trudged into the kitchen not fully awake yet. I had almost fallen asleep at the table but someone took it upon themselves to wave a piece of bacon in front of my nose. I immediately sat up and saw Karson with the bacon strip in his hand and laughing his butt off at my want for food. I glared and slapped him in the back of the head before snatching the bacon from his hand.

"Ow! Why Ky?" Karson whined.

"Don't mess with me when it comes to my bacon or my poptarts. You should know by now," I stated.  He threw his hands up in defeat and sat down next to me trying to salvage as much food as he could. We were brought out of our state of eating when my mom came in the kitchen and cleared her throat. We both looked up and saw a camera in her hand. I booked it as fast as I could to my room and locked myself in the bathroom to brush my teeth and apply just a touch of lip gloss. When I came out I walked back downstairs to see Karson being held by Uncle Emmett and Uncle Jasper. I laughed and turned to walk out the back door but was stopped by a smirking Alec. 

"You going to let me through right?" I sweetly asked while giving him my best puppy dog face.

"As cute as that face is, no," Alec stated. I huffed and walked back to where my brother was being restrained and stood next to him so mom could take her pictures. After about the millionth picture she finally let us go and we left for the parade. After the float for the Homecoming "Royalty" finished the parade I jumped on Karson's back and held on as he ran back to meet the dance and football teams. When the whole parade was over I raced back home and was tackled by a small pixie aka Aunt Alice who dragged me so her and Aunt Rosalie could pamper and get me ready for the dance. I sighed knowing they were going to take most of the afternoon to get me ready. After my hair and nails were done, they put a light application of make-up on and pinned my tiara on so it wouldn't fall off. They then sent me to put on my dress which was just a simple but cute black dress. I slipped on my low top black nikes and some simple jewelry and walked out of my room. As I was walking to the stairs I was stopped by a furious Aunt Alice.