14 // in which jen likes emotional attachment

Phase one was complete. The crashing. 

Phase two is about to commence. 

"Hey, Jennifer. You look booomb today. Tell me, is it the lighting or did you go to a wizard and performed a ritual—?" 

Layla cuts him off with an annoyed look, "Shut up, Tim. Maybe it's because she actually looks 'bomb' today, ever thought of that? Oh wait, you're not using your brains right now." 

Correction: phase two is complete. 

"How much longer do we have to deal with this?" I question, my focus still on the stumbling body of Tim's, who's now winking at the ladies on the side. "I can't believe you picked him to do the drunk job." 

"Do you think Joshua would've done it instead?" 

No. Regardless, I shrug. "Maybe. You never know. He's . . . weird. You never know what he could do." 

Claire scoffs. "Adorably weird." 

"Okay, if you said that about Jen, it would've been great. But Joshua? Adorable?" Layla grimaces. "From which angle? He looks like—" 

Tim chimes in with a slurred tone, "Hey, don't forget that you banged him that one night." He smirks as Layla's eyes widen in embarrassment. "Yeah, that's right. He's your boy-toy." 

"Who's whose boy-toy?" a perky voice asks behind me, and I instantly know it's Joshua. Layla just stares at him like a deer caught in headlights, probably grateful at the fact that he didn't hear any of the conversation, because he had to go to the washroom. 

I smile evilly, crossing my arms over my chest. "Yeah, Lays. Who's the boy toy we were just talking about?" 

She throws a sour look at me before replying, "No one." Tim stumbles towards Joshua with his mouth open to say something, but in the process, he loses his footing, and is thrown forwards. However, Joshua seems to think that it would be entertaining if he didn't catch Tim so he steps aside with a smirk and watches him helplessly trip to his downfall. 

"Joshua!" I scold, my eyes widening at the sight unveiling before my eyes. 

"Tim!" Layla cries, reaching out to grab his jacket, but didn't make it in time. 

And the next thing that happens is absolutely horrifying. It's probably because Tim's face landed on the wedding cake. 

This earns several gasps from the guests around us, pointing at drunk friend in horror. And soon enough, the talking starts to begin. 

"Oh no, he's ruined the caked!" 

"He is dead meat." 

"What's gonna happen to the wedding now? It's not complete without the cake!" 

"I cannot believe that just happened." 

"Oh shit. This is going to be one hell of an interesting wedding."

Claire and I quickly rush over to Tim's sides, one of us pulling him back with his sleeves. He lets out a groan as his face is no longer hidden in the cake, and his eyes were shut. "This freaking moron," Claire huffs under her breath as she struggles to keep him up. 

I place Tim's arm around my shoulder and so does Claire. He mutters, "Where . . . where am I?" 

I'm about to answer, but Claire beats me to it, saying, "You're about to get roasted in my fucking dungeon of unicorns. How does that sound, huh, Tim?" My eyes widen in surprise, deciding to stay silent and continue to walk towards the nearest seat to place him down.