06 // in which jen is downright embarrassed

guys, this chapter may seem a little racist, but i promise that i don’t mean any of it, and it’s the character’s dialogues. i needed to make it a little realistic between their friendship. this was just for humor!

          »          »          »

          I throw a glare towards Tim’s direction as he continues to tease me shamelessly. “That wasn’t even considered flirting, Tim. I merely just asked for his age and number—I even told him it was for a bet!”

           Actually, that’s a lie. I didn’t exactly tell Joshua that day that it was for a bet, but I did say it was for something.

           “I hate the fact that I haven’t seen this Joshua guy yet,” Layla whines, kicking her legs up in the air while lying down on my couch. “I mean, I only know one Joshua that I’ve hooked up with, but it’s kinda blurry, because I was drunk that time. But what I do remember is that he’s good in bed.”

           I resist the urge to make a weird face. “He’s ugly,” Tim comments, dipping his fork into my Nutella jar, and then shoving it into his mouth after getting a good full of it.

           Grimacing at the sight, I tell him, “You’re ugly. He’s handsome, Layla.”

           She raises an eyebrow. “Is he hot?”

           “Wow, you’re just like Claire.”

           Ignoring me, she questions shamelessly, “Does he look like a virgin?”

           I give her a look, and Tim chokes on Nutella, saying weakly, “What the hell?”

           “What? I’m just asking.”

           “How am I supposed to determine whether a person is a virgin judging by their appearance?”

           She rolls her eyes. “I won’t even bother teaching you this—“

           “Is this part of Layla Gonzales’ Guide to Getting Laid in Bed?” Tim jokes, and we both chuckle. It’s funny, because we all know what kind of a woman Layla Gonzales really is.

           “You’re just jealous that I get laid in bed more than you do, Tim,” she shoots back, smirking.

           He points at her accusingly with my fork battered in Nutella, and slightly narrows his eyes at her. “Hey. You know that I’m a pro in bed yourself. Girls can’t resist my Korean-ness.”

           I switch glances between both of them, baffled. “Wait, you two slept with each other?” Layla and Tim then instantly snap their necks towards me with wide eyes, and after a moment of silence, they burst out laughing. My eyebrows knit in confusion, and I question, “So is that a yes or no?”

           “No!” Tim blurts out, still laughing.

           Layla snorts, clutching her stomach, her laughter ringing in my ears. “I would never sleep with him. Oh, God, why would you think that?”

           I frown, crossing my arms over my chest. “Well, for one, Tim said you know he’s a pro in bed—“

           “But I never said that,” she interjects.

           “Two, you get laid in bed more than any of us—“

           “Ha!” she cries out, grinning at Tim, who merely rolls his eyes.