15 // in which jen needs a drink

"Welcome to Lava Java. Your order, ma'am?"

The woman sends me a friendly smile, and replies, "A caramel frap, please? Oh, and"—she runs her fingers through her raven pixie cut hair while looking at the menu above—"a raspberry cheesecake, too."

I nod, inputting her order onto the machine. "Sure. Stay here or take away?"

"Stay here."

"Coming right your way." She steps aside for the next customer, revealing a girl who looks younger than the previous customer added with an annoyed expression on her face, and her phone in hand next to her ear, talking. "Your order?" I didn't bother with the formalities since she probably isn't listening to me anyway.

"Yeah, I'm on the counter now. Uh, can I have a cup of coffee? Black. And—wait, what did you say? But you said . . . stop changing your order! I'll just—one more cup of coffee. Two spoonfuls of sugar. Are you serious? No, I won't change it back. Bye." She lets out an aggravated sigh as she shoves her phone into her back pocket of her shorts.

"So . . ." I trail off awkwardly to myself. "Two coffees. One black, and one with two spoonfuls of sugar?"

"Yeah."

Wordlessly, my fingers makes contact with the screen, secretly liking the sound of my nails tapping against the surface of the monitor. Then, I feel someone brush next to me, and I side glance to the right. Layla. She's giving the lady a tray of her purchased food. As she turns around, she winks at me playfully, and I give her an eye roll.

Layla's gone, and there are no more new customers. So I slump against the counter, and place my chin on the palm of my hand, pouting. It's been two days since the wedding almost happened, and I find it quite weird that nothing seems to be happening. I expect Mel or Seth to barge into the room with steam blowing off from their ears and fuming looks, but none of that happened.

Why is it so quiet?

They know that it was us who crashed and sabotaged their wedding, so why aren't they supposed to do something about it? If it was my wedding, I, for sure, would've done something. I snort silently. Yeah right. That's more like Layla's thing to do.

But . . . what if they are planning to do something against us now? What if they're seeking for revenge? Mel may not look like it, but she's incredibly clever. She can be considered Layla 2.0, except Layla's obviously better. Plus, Seth loves pranking people. So who knows, maybe they're just waiting for the right time to strike.

Distracted while staring at the entrance door for no reason, I don't realize Tim next to me until he gives me a nudge on the side.

I look up at him with furrowed eyebrows, and nod. A gesture I use to ask 'what do you want?'. He then questions, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing much, really. Just about the aftermath."

"Let me guess, you're wondering what could they possibly be doing right now? For example, sulking miserably to death or . . . plotting our deaths while drinking their enemies' tears with dim lights and a horror movie—scene with an ear-splitting scream—playing in the background?"

I grimace. "I was thinking about the latter, but in a much less graphic way."

"Please," he says with scoff. "If you're plotting death, it's meant to be graphic."

"Aren't you supposed to be comforting me? I've been thinking about it for the past two days. Look at me! I look like a mess—"

"As always."

"My hair's starting feel like there's gum everywhere."

"Yikes."

"I have eye bags."