7. "Wild And Young" - Raven and Charles Xavier

(Inspired by "Wild And Young" by McFly)

(Also based on my OC, Arthur Xavier)

Set before First Class

In this Imagines, you have fire and ice powers

⚠️trigger warning - abuse, underage drinking⚠️

Charles, Raven and I.

Always us three.

Out best memories came from teenage hood.

Charles was 16, Raven and I were 15.

There was this one field we would always go to just to muck about and be kids.

Sometimes we would sneak a beer or two...

"It tastes like piss!" I cried, spitting out this particularly disgusting beverage. It gave a burning sensation down my throat. Strong stuff!

"What do you mean?! It tastes fine!" Raven called back to me.

"Go on Charles! You have the final verdict!" I declared, handing the bottle over. He took it nervously and had a gentle sip before his face creased.

"No... y/n's right... that's disgusting..." he handed the bottle back to Raven.

"More for me then!" She chirped as she took a descent swig.

"Careful!" Charles called nervously.

Stupid stuff like this was all we could do to escape the hardship that was our home.

Mine and Charles' step father liked to use us as his lab rats...

We managed to protect Raven from the pain, but we couldn't protect her from what she saw.

I learned to use humour to cope, Charles only did so if I initiated it.

We enjoyed the nights, always going to the field to be kids. To have the childhood we never got.

"Ok! That should be sturdy enough!" I called down from the tree I was sat it. I had just tied the last knot of the rope to make a rope swing.

"Are you sure?" Charles seemed wary. He always did though.

"Yeah!"

"I'll try it!" Raven climbed on to the stick that we tied at the bottom for support and launched herself. "It's working!"

"See!!" I sat from my high branch happily. Exchanging relieved glances with my brother...

Before I realised the knot coming undone next to me.

"SHIT!"

The swing was very low so she only fell slightly. But she fell into a heap of laughter much to mine and Charles' relief.

"Asshole!" She called sarcastically to me.

"Sorry!" I replied before climbing back down the tree to retrieve the broken swing.

"Shut up! I'm concentrating!"

"That's a first..."

"Shut up, Charles!"

I closed my eyes and thought hard before shooting an ice trail across the field.

"Woah!" Raven called in awe. "But how long does it stay there??"

"Oh, I can get rid of it with the fire powers!" I shrugged casually. "Go crazy!"

We all stepped onto the ice cautiously. Ice skating wasn't something we were treated to as kids.

We got the hang of it eventually...

"Charles! How did you fall over again?!"

"I'm just not that good!" I helped him up and held him steady.

"I know I'm younger but how about I teach you something!" I laughed as I held his hands and helped him glide across the smooth ice.

We smiled and skated together before colliding with Raven and landing in a heap of giggles together.

Just those moments... those moments that we had to make for ourselves because our childhoods were robbed!

We continued to giggle before Charles' laughter faded and he looked lost. He gazed at the sky, then to his watch, then to us.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but we need to go back,"

Our hearts sank as we picked ourselves up. I used the fire part of my mutation to melt all the ice.

The worst part of the night was the start of the day.

As the sun began to rise, we reluctantly wandered back towards the house. Climbing over the wall and wandering back inside.

"Ah, y/n... perfect timing," I tended as I heard his voice. I turned around and faced my step father who looked over me with a sinister grin. "Could I borrow you a moment?"

Charles grabbed my arm and tried to pull me back as I was dragged unwillingly towards the locked room on the first floor...