9. Just Training - Alex Summers

Set during First Class

In this Imagines, you can control the wind

I was just practising some simple tasks under the guidance of Charles. Using my mutation to move objects.

"Hey! That's pretty cool!" I dropped what I was doing and turned to see Alex. He had also been recruited on this little team to take down Sebastian Shaw.

We called him Havok.

"Thanks!" I replied. "How are you getting on with yours?"

"Not great... but I'll get there,"

"Yes, you will," Charles joined. "I will teach you to control it,"

"After the rows of fire?" He and Charles laughed before he told me the story of his first attempt to control his power.

"Well..." I didn't really know what to say, but this nagging voice in the back of my head wanted to be involved. "Let me know if I can help in any way..."

"Will do!" He said as he walked away to meet Sean.

My whole concentration was thrown as I gazed at him. But... I didn't "like" him... did I??

"Y/n!" I jumped and turned to Charles.

"Oh! Uhh, sorry, just... easily distracted..." I blurted as I tried to get back to what I was doing.

Charles chuckled lightly.

"What??"

"I see how you look at Alex... young love,"

"What?! No!! Never!!" I panicked.

"Sure!"

"I'm serious!" My voice faltered at the end of that sentence. "Maybe...?" Charles just grinned at me like an idiot. "I don't know!!"

"Alright! I'll drop it..." he laughed again before bringing me back to the current task.

Later that day, I was reading a book in the library when I heard someone come in.

It was Alex.

I subconsciously changed my position so I was sat straighter and tried to continue reading.

"Charles said you'd be in here!" My head snapped up quickly to look at him.

"Oh! Uh... yeah..." I seemed to almost be unable to think around him. It was so strange.

His beautiful eyes gazed into mine, I felt like I was going to melt.

"Whatcha reading?" He asked with a grin. My face felt hot, I thought I was burning up!

"Uh... Shakespeare..."

"Cool!" He laughed a little. "I'm not much of a reader myself... but you look so peaceful!"

"Oh..." I wasn't sure what to say. He crouched to my level and tucked part of my hair back.

"Shame this gets in the way of the pages..." he kept his hand at the side of my face for a moment and gazed at me. His eyes slowly fell from my eyes to my lips.

"I'm used to it..."

"Shame,"

Then he did it.

He pulled me in and our lips met. He was so gentle, treating me with delicacy. I kissed him back with the same passion. He smiled as we separated.

"Is that all you came in here for?" I teased.

"Kinda..." then he kissed me again. A bit harder this time, but still soft. His skin was so warm and he wrapped his arms around me as I leaned in further.

"Ah, there you are! I-" Charles' voice came to an abrupt stop as Alex and I pulled apart quickly. I looked at him and he grinned that stupid grin...

"What is it?" Alex asked, slightly frustrated.

"Oh... nothing... carry on," he snickered as he left the room again.

"He's glad he was right," I told Alex. "He thought I liked you and I denied it.

"Now why would you do that?" He asked teasingly as he wen in to kiss me once again. Holding me even tighter.