Vol. 0 Chapter 1: Restart

Kiyotaka's POV

"Are you okay, Kiyotaka-nii-san?"

The girl looked at me worriedly. I later found out that her name was Ayanokouji Shinobu, and she was my younger twin sister in this timeline. Unfortunately, she was also placed in the White Room like I was.

Right now, we were having the most awkward breakfast I've ever experienced in my life.

"I'm fine." I said. However, Shinobu didn't believe me.

"You may still have that poker face, but I can sense it. There's something off about you." she was narrowing her eyes at me. She was pretty emotional and sincere which was incredibly different compared to how I was at this point in time.

"There's really nothing wrong with me. Don't worry about it, Shinobu." I said. Shinobu suddenly pointed at me.

"There! That's what's off! You'll never ask someone to not worry about you!" she shouted.

"It's rude to point at someone, Shinobu-sama." Matsuo suddenly entered the room as she brought two cups of tea for the both of us.

My guilt when it came to Matsuo's, and eventually, Eiichiro's death had reemerged to the surface. They were the earliest casualties to my pursuit of freedom. Now that I'm here, they're probably the first people that I'm going to save.

"Kiyotaka-nii-san is acting strange, Matsuo-san!" she said.

"That is still no reason to be rude." Matsuo admonished her gently. He then turned to me. "Kiyotaka-sama, you have guests."

"Guests?" both me and Shinobu said at the same time.

"How can Kiyotaka-nii-san have guests? We just got out of the White Room yesterday." Shinobu said.

I see, so that means we have a 1 year headstart. Great.

"What did they say?" I asked.

"They just said they were looking for you. Their names are Honami, Suzuki, Shin, and Miharu."

So it's them. It seems they didn't say anything too suspicious, though them being here is already suspicious.

"I'll meet them, where are they?"

"They have been moved to one of the guest rooms for now, you can meet them there." he answered.

"You know who they are, Kiyotaka-nii-san?" Shinobu asked.

"I know who they are." I said. "I'll tell you about them later."

"You better." she said. "I don't like that you're keeping things from me right now. We... only have each other, right? You're acting so strange."

She is awfully attached to me. She... reminds me of someone.

"I'll tell you later." I said. Despite the fact that she was supposed to be my sister, I couldn't bring myself to care too much about her. We did only meet about an hour ago.

"Fine. But make sure to tell me what's going on later, okay?!"

"Yes, I will."

With that, I finished my breakfast and left to the guest room.

"Please leave the three of us alone, Matsuo." I requested. He simply bowed and agreed to my request.

*****
"Dad!"

Both of them shouted and hugged me. Of course, I hugged them back in response.

"It's weird how you're smaller than us here, Dad." Honami said.