Vol. 0 Chapter 4: The Masterpiece's Plan

???'s POV
June 22, 2014

Ugh, disgusting.

I was currently hanging out with some friends of mine here in the past, and I was totally disgusted by how they were acting.

Seriously, what was wrong with me? Was I that messed up back then? I can't believe I can stomach actually hanging out with these bitches.

Now that I think about it, this past obsession of mine was what made my life a living hell. It's what led me to be in the class of defects, and it's what led me to antagonize that man.

Of course, I don't have that obsession anymore, and I'm friendly with that monster now, but seeing all this just brings back all the bad memories. Memories of humiliation and suffering that I would rather just forget.

I then stared at the one girl that was in that group, and I was surprised.

Horikita-san... is acting so differently. That Author was telling the truth then, this is an alternate universe.

I just wonder why that guy put me here last week instead of letting me accompany them.

Right now, though, I need to meet him first before I can do anything else.

I wonder what my precious students are doing...

*****
Honami's's POV
June 23, 2014
Ayanokouji Mansion

"Your food is really good, Matsuo-san!" I said as I ate my breakfast.

"I am flattered by the praise, Honami-sama."

"None of that, Matsuo-san, you're family." I smiled.

"Oh no, I am not. I am but a simple butler."

"No, you are someone important to my entire family, Matsuo-san." I said sincerely. "You are the sole reason why Dad was even able to meet Mom. You are the reason why he was able to attain his freedom. Even though you weren't the one who actually did it, I want to thank you."

Honestly, my hatred for my grandfather grew after I interacted more with this kind butler. Having such a caring man and a loving father burn himself to death was unforgivable.

Maybe I should also break his spine as well...

"You are welcome." he replied. "After hearing his story, I know that I would have done it, regardless of the consequences."

I smiled at the kindness of this man. Before our conversation can continue, we heard the doorbell ring. Curious to see who it is, I wanted to answer, but Matsuo-san got ahead of me.

When he answered the gate, he began talking to the person outside. I tried to peek at the person outside the gate, but I couldn't, so I simply waited for Matsuo-san to tell me who it could be.

I didn't have to wait long, as the kind butler quickly approached me.

"We have a guest, Honami-sama." he said. "She said that her name is Kushida Kikyou."

My eyes widened in surprise at the revelation.

K-Kikyou-sensei?! How? Why is she here? 

I was confused. She shouldn't be here. She didn't time travel with us in the past and considering that Matsuo-san didn't recognize her means that this isn't one of those differences that the Author spoke about.

Unless...

"Let her in." I said. The butler obliged, and she let Sensei in. As expected, she was there, looking just like how she looked like in the past. What was interesting though, was her expression.