Vol. 0 Chapter 6: Malice and Righteousness

Kikyou's POV

"A split personality...?"

This is ridiculous! This just makes it harder for us to deal with Horikita-san!

"Y-Yes, Kikyou-san." she replied. "She named herself Sumire. From what I can tell from her personality, she is power hungry and arrogant. She wants nothing more than to be at the top while everyone grovels at her feet."

Sounds like an even worse version of the Horikita-san I knew. This is troublesome.

I didn't expect this at all. We all thought that she would be easier to handle this time due to the change in her personality, but now this happened!

What am I going to do about this...?

"Is there an indication as when Sumire comes out? Or some sort of pattern?" I asked.

"W-Well, she comes out randomly, however, I get intense headaches whenever she is about to come out, and that's why I sometimes skip school. I don't want to subject you all to Sumire's personality." Horikita-san said.

"Suzune-san..."

This is Horikita-san. This?!

"That is all I want to tell you for now, Kikyou-san. I've told you my darkest secret. You can go now." she said meekly. However, I wasn't done here.

"No, Suzune-san. I still haven't told you mine." I said as I grabbed her hand as she was leaving.

"Y-Yours?" she asked.

"My darkest secret."

And I did tell her. I showed her the blog first then I told her everything. I never missed a single detail. The only secret I haven't told her now was the time travel.

However, instead of resenting me like I fully expected her to, she... looked at me with sympathy.

"It must have hurt, right, Kikyou-san? To pretend like someone you're not. It must have been eating away at you on the inside... It's going to be okay now... You don't have to carry this burden alone anymore. As your best friend, I'll support you the best I can!" she said while smiling cheerfully.

Why isn't this the Horikita-san I got in the original timeline?!

I was honestly touched by what she said. It seems that I really do like it when people accept my true self. It happened with that monster too.

Don't think about that moment, Kikyou! Pull yourself together!

"BE QUIET!" Horikita-san suddenly shouted, but she wasn't looking at me. She was looking at the ground while clutching her head in pain. I knew what was happening.

Sumire! What should I do?!

"Kikyou-san... please... run..!" Horikita-san said as she continued resisting Sumire.

Meanwhile, I began to think about what to do in this situation. Clearly, Sumire is arrogant and sadistic, and would have no trouble trying to put me down if necessary.