14.

" now what do we do?!" Hermione stressed,  " it's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. Alright, Harry. You take the empty bishop's square. Nova you'll be the queen. As for me I'll be a knight" Ron ordered making them take there places, hermione and a very reluctant Nate waiting to the side as they were not needed.

" what do you have to do now?" Hermione asked Ron, chewing her nail anxiety eating her alive from seeing how her friends can get seriously hurt.

" are you Sirius, Nova? Why is it's always you" narcissa groans making nova innocently say " I'm not sirus thats sirius" she points at Sirius who looks like he could cry from pride right now.

" For Merlin sake" regulus groans downing the whiskey straight, maybe he should've seperate Sirius and Nova. He would become an acholic if his precious daughter turns out like his older brother.

" well, white moves first, and then... we play." Ron tells them, studying the game.

" do you think this is going to be like real wizards chess ?" Nova asked Ron mostly, " oh novie povie, it's gonna be exactly like it" he answered, nova rolled her eyes at the nickname. If they weren't in a dangerous situation, she would've lectured him for calling her that horrid nickname.

" aw novie povie" Barty teased his niece trying to lift the heavy tension in the room. Nova groans softly " uncle Barty please don't start calling me that" she pleaded.

"Ok..... novie povie" he said to her making nova pout to her grandmother who she was one sitting next to, in between her and her aunt Bellatrix who was delighted. Walburga gave Barty a look that made him stop immediately, fearing his bestfriend's mother.

Pieces smash against each other, crashing, " castle to E4"

" pawn to C3!" The smashing echoed, the queen turns and smashes a piece than turning around again making everyone even Nate wince.

" wait Ron...." Nova looks at her red headed friend in complete concern after studying the game, Ron looks at her with a small smile saying " you understand right novie povie, once I make my move the queen will take me. Then your free to check the king"

" Ron No!" Harry said.

" what is it?" Hermione asked confused why Harry looked alarmed and Nova looked distraught.

" he's going to sacrifice himself" Nate tells her figuring it out, he looks at Ron with respect.

" NO RONALD" molly screams making everyone cover there ears, " Jesus woman what are you a banshee?" Blaise says rubbing his poor ears.

" this is your fault" she points threatening at the potter twins and nova, the potters and blacks with the others glare at her. " no it isn't mum, it was my choice" Ron tells his dreadful mother, sighing tiredly. Molly glares at the three thinking they are Turing her sweet like Ron against her.

" I suggest you stop glaring at my daughter, before I make you stop myself" regulus said icily, if glares could kill molly would be buried in the ground deep. Molly stopped only cause she was afraid what he would do.

" no Ron you can't" hermione stated, " do you want to stop snape from getting that stone or not? Harry, Nate, it's you two that has to go on. I know it, not me. Not hermione, you two!" Ron said sternly, Harry and Nate nod. " knight to H3" Ron's horse moves forward, slides and stops. " check!"